I just re-read from the start. How do you know your runoff %?
Take how much run off you get and divide by how much you put in. Or to know how much your looking for multiply how much your going to feed by .20 that will tell how much is needed for 20%

For example

1000ml in x .20 =200ml target to get 20%

So if I water in 1000ml and get 150ml back: 150/1000=.15=15%

It’s all a ball park 10-20% once your getting that for runoff anything more put in is coming right back out. And I do this math as a whole for the group.

I worded that poorly. How do you measure your runoff is the question I meant to ask. If you put in 1000ml and you want 200-ish of runoff, how do you know you are getting enough throughput? (Is throughput a word?)

I worded that poorly. How do you measure your runoff is the question I meant to ask. If you put in 1000ml and you want 200-ish of runoff, how do you know you are getting enough throughput? (Is throughput a word?)
By looking in the runnoff tray or the bucket they drain into if they on a system. If they young and watering individually I do it over a plant saucer then dump that in the pitcher to measure. On the DTW system I have it pumping into a 5 gallon bucket I empty daily and check I just eyeball it in the bucket. When I’m gone I put the hose directly into sink and don’t worry about it

Here a good example this is sorta of learning curve that I didnt think about when moving these girls in here I have two different groups draining in the same trays. So I was curious cause it seems Northern Berry is going crazy drinking alot I wanted to make sure she was getting enough runnoff so I put her in trays yesterday to see what she got for the day. Think it’s about time to add the 4th fertigation barely got runnoff from her yesterday.

IMG_9987.jpeg
IMG_9988.jpeg

AH I understand now. Thanks for taking the time dude! So catch and measure the runoff to get an idea and then sail on that until or if you notice a change.

AH I understand now. Thanks for taking the time dude! So catch and measure the runoff to get an idea and then sail on that until or if you notice a change.

Yup just keep on eye on it and it won't take long till you ge the feel for it. Once you'll get little runoff ebcaeful from there it comes fast once it starts easy to from 10% to 30-50% and be overwatering especially early on.

Also Cocoforcannabis is a great place to learn about automatic watering systems and DTW along with fertigation times, ppm, ph, runoff and all that stuff glad to help though:d5::pass:

Back