Please, advice about dehumidifiers

elcoloan

Still learning a lot!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
VAPING: Go-Go Auto, Bloody Skunk Auto, Cream Mandarine Auto, Deez Nugs, 24Caratx3BOG, amazingly-tasty-unkown-strain
Hello fellow growers,

I'm not really a new grower but I am new to using dehumidifers so I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good and efficient dehumidifier for my lung room. hopefully a Dehum I can buy on Amazon.

I currently have a 2x4 tent inside a 10x10 bedroom with no windows and the room must remain closed all the time. The tent's RH doesn't go bellow 75% and the plants are already flowering and forming buds.

Any input is welcomed. Thanks.

I use one like this but a GE bought at home Depot. Works great. I have a short piece of garden hose screwed into it so it dumps into a 5 gallon bucket so it'll run longer
Frigidaire FFAD3533W1 Dehumidifier, Moderate Humidity 35 Pint Capacity with a Easy-to-Clean Washable Filter and Custom Humidity Control for maximized comfort, in White https://a.co/d/5DLuFpZ

I use one like this but a GE bought at home Depot. Works great. I have a short piece of garden hose screwed into it so it dumps into a 5 gallon bucket so it'll run longer
Frigidaire FFAD3533W1 Dehumidifier, Moderate Humidity 35 Pint Capacity with a Easy-to-Clean Washable Filter and Custom Humidity Control for maximized comfort, in White https://a.co/d/5DLuFpZ

I also have one like this, GE from HD. I think one with a hose attachment is a must, they fill up pretty quick otherwise.

How will you control temperature? A dehumidifier inside a closed room will add a lot of heat output; likely more than your lights.
With 150 watts of light my tent never goes above 25C, and lung room is usually around 18C on a hot day, so I wasnt expectiing to need to control temp of the lungroom. Do think Ill have to?

I also have one like this, GE from HD. I think one with a hose attachment is a must, they fill up pretty quick otherwise.
Thanks great info!!

This is mine. The hose into the bucket is key or it'll be off when I wake up in the morning and when I get home from work without it. Keeps my 13x13 room where I want it all the time
PXL_20230531_192232063.MP.jpg

This is mine. The hose into the bucket is key or it'll be off when I wake up in the morning and when I get home from work without it. Keeps my 13x13 room where I want it all the time
View attachment 1598903
I think i can buy GE dehum here in my country... seems to be more reliable than most other brands Ive found on amazon. thanks for the reference!

I have the same as JP1 and I’m in a 17x15 garage as a lung room but it’s insulated and drywalled like a bedroom and it works great. I have it set on low if it’s running constantly because that’s all that’s needed AND it reduces the heat from the air output. When it’s running on high in the lung room the tent temp will rise about 4-5 degrees, on low about 2 degrees. Good luck!

Edit…I just looked closer and it appears JP has a smaller version of the one I have. I believe mine is 49 pints, not sure if/that affects the heat temperature.

Back