anyone

nudd

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi guys I need to know if thc will dissolve in southern comfort to be used as a night time tipple to help someone with cancer sleep
cheers nudd

I used to put a bud in a bottle of vodka, the vodka turned green. So yeah, i think a certain amount of cannabinoids absorb in alcohol.

No, the proof of Southern Comfort is too low. I believe it's sold as either 70 or 100 proof and 180 proof is recommended for THC extraction. The only things I know that have high proof like that are grain alcohol, Everclear, moonshine or one of those listed here: http://www.seriousrankings.com/top-10-strongest-liquors/

Hi guys I need to know if thc will dissolve in southern comfort to be used as a night time tipple to help someone with cancer sleep
cheers nudd

make an oil extract ( safer and easier than with 190 alcohol ). there are lots of recipes available on here, but one that's very potent ( might be what you'd want ) is to use an ounce of mj, trim and bud combined would be fine,, and process it in one cup of coconut oil. then either make capsules, or dose it by the spoon, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon will certainly let you sleep. They could wash it down with a shot of that Southern Comfort ... :grin:

I ran out of iso alcohol and tried using high proof JD for QUISO. The result was a brownish goo that smelled like molasses and crap and was totally unusable.
Extracting into oil is the easy/safe way to go as Pop said.

Southern Comfort is 80 proof alcohol. If you are going to extract THC and CBDs in alcohol, (the alcohol works as a solvent) it's recommended that you use at least 100 proof alcohol. Most people use Everclear because it has the highest alcohol content, but it tastes really, really bad. I'd try 100 proof Vodka or 151 rum. You can always add a little sugar and an alcohol based flavoring like vanilla or lemon (whatever) to make it taste a little better.

It's best to avoid 80 proof alcohols because they contain a significant amount of water and that's an invitation for bacteria to set in and spoil the brew. I've made a lot of herbal extractions using 100 proof Vodka and it works fine. Additionally, the finished product tastes about 1000 times better than any tincture I've ever made using Everclear. The Everclear stuff is pretty hard to gag down.

Back