Auto flower plants that produce seed ?

wangotango321

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Howdy folks.I've heard you can't clone autos but what about seeds that come from them?My Meph 24 Karat produces a few seeds.Mostly empty pods.Seeds any good?
IMG_1567.jpeg

Howdy folks.I've heard you can't clone autos but what about seeds that come from them?My Meph 24 Karat produces a few seeds.Mostly empty pods.Seeds any good?View attachment 1668327
do you have any idea who the dad is, a buddy who grows pops around and leaves some pollen floating around in the house? a pet that might do the same?air coming in from a neighbour who grows? rag weed from the local farmlands?

Only one way to find out.....

Like most every other common plant, cannabis, including autoflower, female flowers can be fertilized by pollen from male plants. As you can readily see here on AFN, most grow to avoid buds going to seed while others set out up-front to produce plants primarily for seeds (vs. consumption) or even 'breed' their own strains.

do you have any idea who the dad is, a buddy who grows pops around and leaves some pollen floating around in the house? a pet that might do the same?air coming in from a neighbour who grows? rag weed from the local farmlands?

Only one way to find out.....
Huh,so a male plant had to pollinate my female auto? Neither of my other 24k plants had this issue.Self pollinate?Whatever it is, maybe I'll just throw it on the window sill and see what happens.Thanks guys.

Huh,so a male plant had to pollinate my female auto? Neither of my other 24k plants had this issue.Self pollinate?Whatever it is, maybe I'll just throw it on the window sill and see what happens.Thanks guys.
Yes, male plants (or flowers) pollenate female plants (or flowers). Basic 'birds and bees' stuff -- sex (pollen merges with ovary) leads to fertile embryos, eventually seeds. Yes, cannabis plants can sometimes have both male and female parts and self-pollenate, but luckily that's generally rare.

If you get "just a few seeds," it's either from outside contamination from outdoor pollen or from 1 (or a few?) male parts growing on a plant in the tent. And if you have 'seeds,' it's simply too late to trash plants to prevent any further pollination. Inspect your plants for male parts in early bloom, and remove any male parts or that whole plant.

"Empty" seeds are obviously not going to grow. If you have just a few as you note, it's not a concern, just (like normal) pull out any such seeds when you break up and clean your buds.

well, Pollen from a male, nana or herm,
if it was only one plant with a few seeds, one would suspect a brush with a jacket or pants that may have come into into contact with a male plant somewhere else, or maybe its the plant near the air inlet, if you had nana's it would have probably affected more plants and produced a lot of seeds, pollen is very small particles, 1 nana can produce a lot of seeds on a lot of plants in the same room. However, if it grows you might get a monster
nothing lost in giving it a try.
:baked:

In my opinion, if you only had a few seeds it would be from a nanner (male plant flower) that grew on the female due to stress. It might have not been visible stress to the plant but I would consider those seeds S1. In other words, it would be a seed formed thru rhodelization… spelling may not be correct . This was a technique learned and “perfected” by the breeder Soma. He used that technique to make fem seeds.

Seeds any good?
I previously grew a tent full (accidentally) of seeds from multiple strains of auto-fems, and all the seeds I've grown from them produced strong auto-fems:
IMG_20231015_081637412.jpg

In my opinion, if you only had a few seeds it would be from a nanner (male plant flower) that grew on the female due to stress. It might have not been visible stress to the plant but I would consider those seeds S1. In other words, it would be a seed formed thru rhodelization… spelling may not be correct . This was a technique learned and “perfected” by the breeder Soma. He used that technique to make fem seeds.
I may have someone represent that comment soon :pighug::
IMG_20240227_192531741.jpg

Back