Autoflower Hermie Seeds

Gdiddydank

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I had read a while back that if an auto created any hermie seeds then they would also be autoflower and feminized.

ive got (2) plants growing; both herm seeds recovered from the same mother. The mother plant was a particularly awesome pheno that did very well.

the problem is that these two plants are on week 7, surrounded by other autos that are in full flower, and yet they appear to still be in 100% veg mode.

they sure don’t seem to be of the auto flower flavor......

:smoking:.... was the mother plant the seeds came from an auto? Theoretically an auto x auto should only produce auto's, but that can depend on certain specifics of the auto's... Mainly if they were worked deeply enough in filial generations to eliminate any photo pheno's,... A poorly worked auto at say, F2-F3 may still carry enough influence to manifest a rare photo progeny even with another auto parent, but the odds are very slim...
The sex should still be female regardless....

Hermie tendencies can be passed to progeny for sure, but again the specifics of the hermie's nature are in play... If it was a solid grow, no stressing of any kind and the female plant shows male sex, especially fully formed male flowers at the nodes, then that's a bad sign for inheritance.
A stress expressed intersexing is another matter, and that can also vary how easily it does so with certain cultivars...
Nanners, weird male flowers in the actual bud, are the most common; some do it "naturally" as a trick by Mother Nature, and again, stress and genetic tendencies are in play...
Pollen viability is yet another matter, and it's not uncommon to have that show poorly from hermie flowers, but it's a real gamble!
I've had plants do an odd 1-2 node showing of male flowers, then quit and stay stable the rest of the way,... Others were a worry with random pop-up's scattered all over,...

Have those two shown sex yet? At some point it'll be a judgement call for you, to risk riding them out long enough to see if they do eventually "auto". BTW, there's not time limitation on that definition, only that the plants flower under any light schedule, long or short... Of course it's usually under long light hours, and there are lots of cases of plants going months before finally triggering...
best you can do it run a week or two long and see,... then the next trick is to treat them like a true photo and drop to 12/12...
All the while regardless, you have that lurking hermie expression to worry about no matter what!
Unless you're deeply invested for some reason on those two, I'd bin them and be done with it if they don't switch over very soon....

I finished auto gorilla glue and carmelicious from MSNL last year and got Hermie seed
on both, "outside FL spring finish" so hard to avoid all stress. So far between me and a
indoor growing friend the seed have all been female autos and seem true to type. Got another round
going now and plant are looking good.

Back