Gnome Automatics Black Strap harvest?

Reaction score
I have a beautiful black strap growing, but I don't know when to harvest, I have always harvested at 20% Amber, but all my trichomes are pink :rofl:

So would a pink trichome be considered cloudy or amber?

PXL_20211229_192628275.jpg

Double Grape and Black Strap^

I have a beautiful black strap growing, but I don't know when to harvest, I have always harvested at 20% Amber, but all my trichomes are pink :rofl:

View attachment 1402713

That is a good question! I have had the same problem. I just used the general look of the plant and the breeder's time table for harvest time.

Those are some beautiful, healthy plants. I'm curious about this as well. I have a BS just starting and had already thought about how to know when to harvest.

Growing and harvesting purple plants has always been a challenge regardless how long we've been doing it.
I don't mind a 'sleepy' weed but I never want a 'nervous nancy' harvest so with purple weed, I began looking for 'glistening trics' ....more glisten = less mature.... watch the 'glistens' and eventually you'll collate that info into harvest time to your liking.

View attachment 1402713

I grew the Anvil and saw the same thing. The trics kept getting darker and darker purple. I went 120 days and didn’t see 10% amber. But I have trouble seeing. These days.

Back