Reaction score
SeedBank :

Dutch Passion

Strain:

Compassion

Did it autoflower?: No, photoperiod

Soil/hydro: Soil, Atami light mix

Nutes:

Canna rhizotonic root stimulator, Hesi veg and bloom nutes, Canna Mono Mg and Botanicare cal-mag if needed.

Light (kind and schedule):

180W LED, GN MS0006 with full rebel upgrades. 24/0 during 25 day veg and 12/12 during flower

From seed to harvest date: 133/109 days. It took quite long to finish but I also let it go a 1-2 weeks longer than necessary.

Dry Yield: 47.7g (it shared a tent with a CBD Kush and a Night queen yielding 60.8g and 50.4g respectively)

High/Effect Duration:

I'm using cannabis to relieve the symptoms of Lyme disease, Bartonella and Babesia (two co-infections common in Lyme). The symptoms I'm dealing with are for example nausea, joint pain/stiffness, tense/stiff muscles, headaches, anxiety, general discomfort and restlessness.
The high is clear and heady, quite subtle at first then a very relaxing body feeling. It works great to relieve the tension and stiffness without that couch-lock indica feel. I was looking for a day time strain in the Compassion and I think I found it. I have tried sativas in the past and found that they would normally make my heart race and I would feel anxious/paranoid. With the Compassion that has not been an issue at all. It's uplifting and energetic without the raciness. Another advantage is that it's not as munchies inducing as the indicas I normally use, perfect for a wake and bake.

RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL: **

Due to the fox-tailing that started pretty much from day one the buds look a bit messy. The trichomes glistening in the light brings it up a bit.

THE GROWTH: ****

It stretched quite a lot after flipping to 12/12, which made it a handful to keep up with a SCROG. The buds are made up completely of foxtails and although they looked light and airy they were actually heavier than expected. The end yield was pretty good compared to the other strains.

THE SMELL: ****

While it was growing the smell reminded me of Worcester sauce. After a two week cure the smell was still pretty green. A few more weeks of cure took care of that and the final product has a very distinctive smell that I can't quite put my finger on. It's earthy with a floral hint.

THE SMOKE: ****

The vapor also has that earthy taste with a hint of something floral.

THE HIGH: *****

Uplifting and energetic with a nice relaxed body feel, exactly what I was looking for in a daytime strain.

full

Back