Could one slow cure in a grow tent.

gomicao

Time Travel
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Papaya Cake
So I have been hitting those gold 59 to 63 rh and 56 to 63 degree levels in my grow tent... The branches are hanging and crispy on the outside and some pliable on the inside.... My thought was if the outside crispy but dried out more than the inner bud. Would not the outside bud hit that "past cure moisture content" while the inner does not? Like is crispy outer bud hits 56 moisture it would seem to me that would prevent that section of the bud from continued cure.

Now I have my grow tent as well as buckets I can and do use for slow burps until it hits around 63% rh. Then I start to slowly trim over a few weeks until ready to be sealed in jars... My other question is if I were in a hurry... could I put bud that have not had their sugar and small non sugar leaves trimmed off in a cure jar, will that trap more chlorophyll or other things transferred into the bud, or so long as it stays in the proper moisture content ranges, can I just take untrimmed buds and still get a good cure and slowly trim the leaves as my time allows...

Also if my tent's temp and humidity is maintained at the levels that you would want in a jar... could I just leave those in the tent until I am ready to trim and jar without over drying issues? I just like to take my time with it, but if buckets and trimming seem better than controlled tent temp/rh and trimming as I go I would love to be able to do that without having to bucket it first. My first plant seemed to do well as I took it down from hanging and stored in a bucket to keep things slow and low, using the bucket to kind of finish the drying, then trim up and toss to jars...

I just want to keep it in an ideal storage before I can get around to fully trimming before jars, but if I could just toss the untrimmed buds into jars and trim up a jar at a time before use with no ill effects that would be ideal. Thanks!

Last edited:
The whole goal of a closed curing process (jars/bags), IMO, is to even out the moisture. Because the drying has done, just as you say, dried out the outer bud. And you want the inner bud to have just enough moisture left in it, to rehydrate the outer bud. But to a specific moisture level range.
Thats just how I see it.

The whole goal of a closed curing process (jars/bags), IMO, is to even out the moisture. Because the drying has done, just as you say, dried out the outer bud. And you want the inner bud to have just enough moisture left in it, to rehydrate the outer bud. But to a specific moisture level range.
Thats just how I see it.

Yeah I guess I was just thinking in terms of people mentioning various processes as the plant dies happening over a period of time during the dry and possibly cure, which helps lead to a smoother smoke (less chlorophyll etc).

Maybe that happens all within the initial first several days of a slow and low dry and you can bucket or jar it up as soon as that sweet spot is done... but why would a tent (even if it isn't air tight) be an issue if it was kept at 60degrees and between 60 - 63% humidity? Is it just that being exposed to fresh air in the tent even it totally sealed off and no fans, the fresh air will still continue to degrade the terps/thc where in a jar or bucket it wouldnt?

Last edited:
Back