Grow Mediums Earthbox alternatives.....?

zweibeir

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Really love ❤️ my edibles!
I've seen some folks say the Earthboxes take up too much real estate in grow tents vs. RS bags.....then
I saw this, and wonder if it might be a cheap alternative?

Not sure of the soil volume...maybe 7-8gals? but this gal does a great video on Youtube:

What do you folks think?

I remember my mom had a similar pot in the 80's. It's great for houseplants so why wouldn't it work on our favorite plants?
This one holds about 30L / 8gal medium. Think you could put four of them in a 4x4 and grow a pretty nice SCROG with them...

I've seen some folks say the Earthboxes take up too much real estate in grow tents vs. RS bags.....then
I saw this, and wonder if it might be a cheap alternative?

Not sure of the soil volume...maybe 7-8gals? but this gal does a great video on Youtube:

What do you folks think?

It's the same general idea. An Earthbox is a kind of Sub-Irrigated Planter (SIP). The container dimensions will affect how much water it holds, how often it needs to be watered, and its footprint in the tent.

Has anyone run an Earthbox with Biotabs? Bob? Or is there a thread for Biotabs using a SIP setup?

Looks like the same concept as Gro Buckets, minus the overflow hole. I’ve had great success with GB‘s root development.

Attachments

• 53DC1C7D-3DD9-447E-9F8E-ED3371412F46.jpeg
    53DC1C7D-3DD9-447E-9F8E-ED3371412F46.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 18
Has anyone run an Earthbox with Biotabs? Bob? Or is there a thread for Biotabs using a SIP setup?
Yup, have grown in Autopots with varying results, but not with the VPD knowledge that I have now.. I always end up hand watering the lot, because the soil becomes to wet...:shrug:Plan to give 'm another go later this season when it get's to cold in the greenhouse. :thumbsup:

Back