Finishing autos with photoperiod

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
HI all.

I've 2 tents going just now which also means 2 LED running and combined I think im nearly 400w. 2 filters and fans etx

I'm day 51 for x3 photos and x1 auto and day 44x1 auto

I'm thinking as things are close to the end with a projection of approx another 25/30 day. My question is would putting the 2 autos in with the 3 photos on a 12/12 cycle instead of a 20/4 cycle have any negative impacts.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Thanks for your reply but ive decided I've came this far I'll just leave them be in the enviorment they're adapted too.

with it being my 1st time I am doing a like for like with 1 strain of a auto and photo to compare yields.

The photo had 6wk veg and the day my auto seed came up I flipped the photo inti flower and truth be told the auto is a far superior grower on the bud sizes but the photo is so dense and solid so another 3to4 wk I'll have my answer.

Thanks

I did that on my last grow, just took the auto longer to finish.

No noticeable loss in yield...

Amnesia Auto Full beer can 8 Oct.jpg

Cheers

HI all.

I've 2 tents going just now which also means 2 LED running and combined I think im nearly 400w. 2 filters and fans etx

I'm thinking as things are close to the end with a projection of approx another 25/30 day. My question is would putting the 2 autos in with the 3 photos on a 12/12 cycle instead of a 20/4 cycle have any negative impacts.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
That's the reason I grow autos mainly, so I can put them wherever they fit and they'll come out fine. In this case your autos have grown a lot towards harvest - I don't personally think you would lose much yield.

HI all.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
I have had to move my autos into the photo tent before, they were a lot closer to finished so I do not think it really messed with my yield. A lot depends on where you are at, how good your growing, and if you track it so you have a baseline. With genetics and phenotype variance there are a million factors. To check it out move one that is similar in size to another and compare at the end. My guess it probably not much difference in soil. Coco would be another story.

Thanks for your replies.

Although its tempting to see costs this coming month, I tried 5 in the tent and its bursting at the seems with buds.

I think doing this will cramp things so it's best to let both finish in separate tents.

Loving the video though lol

Attachments

• 5 in a tent .mp4
    4.4 MB
  • 5 in a tent vid2.mp4
    5 MB
  • 20230409_135106.jpg
    20230409_135106.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
For what it's worth.....I've always run photos and autos together....yes, on 12/12.... and am happy with results. Keep DLI in spec for the stages of growth and loss of yeild is negligible. After couple of decades doing it this way, I've yet to miss a gram.

Back