For those concerned about Variegated plants

LucidLucy

Legal at last
Reaction score
I want to put this up here in hopes of helping out anyone who comes looking for advice about variegated cannabis plants. I just finished a grow where I had one healthy vigorous grower and one that was highly variegated.

The variegated one worried me at first and I wasn't sure if I should just toss her and start another.

She took 110 days to finish compared to the 91 days the healthy one took but it was well worth the wait.

The two plants appear to have the same potency and effects but the variegated one is going to yield considerably more. I got 89 grams from the normal plant and I won't have a weight on the variegated for another week or so because she isn't dried yet but it will likely be close to double the weight.

So if you get a variegated plant don't sweat it. Mine tolerated less light and nutrition than the "normal" plant so you have to pay attention to its unique requirements but they can turn out even better !

variegated-28days.jpg variegated-day-35.JPG

Harvest-both-small.JPG

Last edited:
:greenthumb: nice post luv! :thanks: ... that color break is a mystery to me, usually plants do OK, some don't,.... it can be alarming for good reason, as a common symptom of viral infection is that kind of color break,... but that is so rare, and difficult to diagnose, and to confirm requires a specific testing protocol....
This will be lost here, so I'll move it into the Reference section for others to see! :pass:

Back