Grow Mediums Growing in Coco Outdoors?

jabben24

New User
Reaction score
Hi AFN,

So I’ve been growing 6 plants in 5 gallon pots of 70/30 Coco-Perlite mix from Mother Earth in a 4x4 tent. Everything has been going pretty well, but I’ve had this really slow pheno that in week 8 is still only showing pre flowers. It’s sister in the tent is bigger and is really starting to bud up. It was also sitting next to a 52 inch monster that really needed the space at this point as it starts to stack on weight.

I knew I had to do something and so I decided to move the plant outside instead of getting rid of it. Has anyone tried this? It seems like coco really isn’t meant for growing outside, but I didn’t have any options indoors and I don’t like the idea of buying more equipment for one plant. Is there anything I can do to make this work out? I’m planning to use some Crop Control every other day for bugs. Will it need extra watering? Should I move it into my garage when it’s going to rain? Anything you all can tell me helps! Thanks!

If I’ve learned anything in my first grow it’s to always give yourself extra space lol...

-JoeAbb

It will almost surely need more watering outdoors I would think. Depending on wind and temps and humidity

Don't let the rain get in the coco or it will not be happy. (Maybe you can fashion something to cover it like a cut styrofoam plate.) I gave a guy some clones a couple years back, along with some coco coir. I told him to mix the coco with at least 50% dirt, (i have had success with mixing fox farm ocean forest and coco outdoors). Anyways, the plants did great until a significant rainfall gave it a good soaking of untreated H2O. They died in a matter of days! :doh:

Back