New Grower Hubbabubbasmelloscope and Sweet Nurse Auto CBD

HBSS got the chop last Weds. She's jarred up and getting Lotus Cured right now. Both the Sweet Nurses are showing lots of autumn foliage and I am FINALLY starting to see a couple amber trichs. I'm planning to chop them this weekend. Still trying to decide how I want to process them, though. I grew them strictly for medicinal purposes and dont have much intention to smoke them. They will probably get processed into a tincture or budder. So do I just chop them and go straight to de-carbing them? Im leaning towards drying and curing about half just for storage purposes. But, then again, a tinture will store just as easy (if not easier) than dryed flowers.... decisions, decisions...

20190318_200533_1553005490392_resized.jpg

3/18- SN#2 (with a photo bomb from Auto Dubai [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]. The difference
between these two grows is night and day! Look at the size of ADP#1's
leaves compared to SN#1!!)

20190318_200538_1553005488654_resized.jpg

3/18- SN#1

20190318_200851_1553005486403_resized.jpg

3/18- Trich shot of SN#1. If you look really really close, you might find
one or two amber trichs.

Great growing! Will you be doing a smoke report on the Sweet Nurse Cbd? Very excited for that strain for my back pain. I got West Coast O.G Kush with about 1 percent cbd but want to try a more cbd rich strain like the Sweet Nurse Cbd too.

Great growing! Will you be doing a smoke report on the Sweet Nurse Cbd? Very excited for that strain for my back pain. I got West Coast O.G Kush with about 1 percent cbd but want to try a more cbd rich strain like the Sweet Nurse Cbd too.

Sure, if thats something folks are interested in. I did sample it already. I took a fresh bud and decarbed it to make some tea over the weekend. It was very mellow with no "stone" to it at all. My neck pain went away and I felt lighter on my feet. I wouldnt call it an official test yet, though, but the results seem promising.

@SlownLow86 That does sound promising thank you! I am betting the thc effect will go up a bit after you dry and cure at least that is how it is for me when I sample, shouldn't be a heavy stone though probably just enough to feel a good buzz like the other comparable strains.

Smoke report and final thoughts from the two strains:

First up, the Sweet Nurse Auto. Both plants grew in a similar fashion, with similar results and terp profile. As a hobby grower, this is pleasing to me. If I buy a pack of 5 beans, I want to grow 5 similar plants. Because I have limited space and only grow a few plants at a time, I have no interest in pheno hunting. This tells me that Sweet Seeds did a good job growing these out and have stabilized the genetics. I also dont have to worry about one plant having a 1:1 CBD to THC profile and the other being way out of whack. The cured bud has a sort of smoky smell. Kind of like a camp fire. While they were growing, they were pretty skunky. There was a few times I opened the tent and Mrs SlownLow complained about the smell all the way upstairs. As the buds have cured, though, they have mellowed out. There's only a hint of skunk left. As for the smoke, its a perfect balance of medicinal and stone. I can enjoy a J and not have any more back pain. The high is also very functional. I dont get spaced out and/or melt into the couch. For me, its perfect for getting rid of my back pain and still being able to get stuff done. I am very happy with this cultivar and would definitely grow it again.

For the HBSS, I only grew one plant so I cant really (at this time, anyway, I have more beans left) comment on the genetic consistency. The cured bud smells kind of like a glass of sweet tea. Its not overly pungent at all. It wasn't very stinky when it was growing either. As far as the smoke goes, this one turns me into an astronaut. If im having a conversation, I have a hard time keeping my train of thought and time slows WAAAAAY down. If I smoke enough, it can get somewhat psychedelic. I had a pretty trippy/dreamy experience in the shower... That said, as long as I dont over indulge Im still able to function and if I get on a task, I seem to do it very thoroughly. Twice now I've smoked some HBSS before doing chores. Let me know you.... my bathrooms and kitchen have never been cleaner! I enjoy the smoke on this one, but its easy to overdo it. I dont smoke all that often, so keep that in mind. I may burn a J three or four times a week and thats about it.

Final thoughts... I've found that if I mix 2 parts Sweet Nurse with 1 part HBSS, its perfect for me. The CBD from the Sweet Nurse keeps me from going completely spaced out but the HBSS adds a nice "kick". I've learned a lot since growing these ladies and I still have a couple seeds left. When I get around to growing these cultivars again, I will try to post a link as a follow up to be able to compare the results.

That is awesome to hear! I have back pain too so thats great it helps with that. The other strain sounds great too! Awesome job man! :slap: really glad you journaled these, it helps everyone really being able to see up close how there grown out and the result. :smokeit:

Back