Extraction Humidity or Moisture

Reaction score
I have been reading so much about pressing rosin I am really confused.. I believe temp, time and humidity of product are some of the variables. Question for today. Humidity is the percent of moisture in a space. In the air.. Moisture is the water content of the material in the space. So why does everything I read tell me that I need to press in a humidity range of x/y.
So I believe my immediate question is..... how often is the air in a space and the product the same ?? wetness? Am I overthinking this? thanks :help:

I have been reading so much about pressing rosin I am really confused.. I believe temp, time and humidity of product are some of the variables. Question for today. Humidity is the percent of moisture in a space. In the air.. Moisture is the water content of the material in the space. So why does everything I read tell me that I need to press in a humidity range of x/y.
So I believe my immediate question is..... how often is the air in a space and the product the same ?? wetness? Am I overthinking this? thanks :help:
Hello the way i see it is RH of the weed not the air

I have no experience with rosin pressing. Why would you want ANY moisture/water at all?

I guess this comes from the hygrometers used in the curing containers. As explained in another thread...Once the hygrometer inside your curing jar stabilizes between 58-62% your end product contains the optimal amount for smoking.

I have no experience with rosin pressing. Why would you want ANY moisture/water at all?
Actually for pressing a bit of humidity helps to 'steam' out the rosin/terpenes and it prevents the rosin from soaking into the plant material

Back