Hydro set up question

Orion

Qualified Live Stoner
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Auto ultimate
What do you people use to make holes for the root baskets in tote lids? I've used tin cans and a propane torch in the past. I'm betting someone has a better idea. Let me know if you do

I never done it myself but if you just need a hole in the lid I'd use a hole saw at the appropriate size many different ones and should be able to find locally at most hardware stores:shrug:

1702239563161.png

What Lil Dab said, that thing... BUT BE CAREFUL!!! The first trick is to put your tote lid on a board or scrap of plywood so that the pilot bit in the center of the hole saw penetrates the tote lid & bites into the wood to prevent the hole saw from wobbling.
The second trick is to grip your drill firmly, BUT APPLY VERY LIGHT PRESSURE TO THE DRILL & HOLE SAW. Try your best to maintain even perpendicular contact to the tote lid with the hole saw. If you drift out of perpendicular / square to the tote, one side of the hole saw will go through the tote lid first, which will (probably) result in the saw grabbing. When that happens the drill will kick out of control & you wioll go spinning around and around, somewhat like the rotor on a helicopter. You might even take off & levitate. Or the drill will simply kick the $#i+ out of your hand and you will not have the option of redacted cussing when that happens.
You may need to dress te hole using light pressure & a sharp pocket knife to lightly trim away any burrs or rough spots. But the result9ing hole will be clean and much smoother than a heat generated cut,

And as Keanu Reeves said in The Replacements, "Pain hurts. And Chicks dig scars" And I say any blood washes off the lid if done while still wet.

Back