Light burn or nute burn?

Reaction score
Strain: 420 Fastberry
Medium: 2 gallon FFHF amended with WC, Kelp, and Dolomite lime
Temp: 73-75 and 50ish RH (it's been hot here so the AC has been on blast in the house)
Age: 38 days from sprout and about a week or so of flower
Light: TS-1000 currently at 18 inches @ 75% power
Amendments: Gaia Green 1tbsp each of 444 and 284 about 2 weeks ago (right before pre-flower), sprinkled some WC and Kelp. Cal-Mag at 3ml per gallon about once a week. Currently giving 3 cups of water every other day at 6.5ph.
Problem: She's happy for the most part with some good frost development, just not fatting up yet but will be soon. I've noticed a couple of things with these girls, there's been some yellowing tips towards the top of the main stalk (mostly sugars) and little to none below. Fan/sugar leaves towards the top are almost vertical and pointing towards the light. There's only a few weeks left to go so maybe just a 1/2 tbsp of 284 to finish or may just leave it as-is until harvest. Trying to figure out if the light is too intense causing the yellow tips or was too much Gaia Green causing it?? Should also add that I have 3 of these girls and only 2 are showing the yellowing tips.

Attachments

• 8B1E5A5F-51E2-493D-A5A1-0754DE024B46.jpeg
    8B1E5A5F-51E2-493D-A5A1-0754DE024B46.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
Temp: 73-75 and 50ish RH (it's been hot here so the AC has been on blast in the house)
Amendments: Gaia Green 1tbsp each of 444 and 284 about 2 weeks ago (right before pre-flower), sprinkled some WC and Kelp. Cal-Mag at 3ml per gallon about once a week. Currently giving 3 cups of water every other day at 6.5ph.
Problem: She's happy for the most part with some good frost development, just not fatting up yet but will be soon. I've noticed a couple of things with these girls, there's been some yellowing tips towards the top of the main stalk (mostly sugars) and little to none below. Fan/sugar leaves towards the top are almost vertical and pointing towards the light. There's only a few weeks left to go so maybe just a 1/2 tbsp of 284 to finish or may just leave it as-is until harvest. Trying to figure out if the light is too intense causing the yellow tips or was too much Gaia Green causing it?? Should also add that I have 3 of these girls and only 2 are showing the yellowing tips.
i don't grow in soil but I will tag my friend he's the nutes man on here as I grow in coco so cant help much here sorry @Mañ'O'Green will be on later and should be able to assist you but she looks great for her age

i don't grow in soil but I will tag my friend he's the nutes man on here as I grow in coco so cant help much here sorry @Mañ'O'Green will be on later and should be able to assist you but she looks great for her age
Thanks! Much appreciated and the 2 other girls are showing purples already :)

That is interesting, I have the same issue, I am going to post it now. In my case I doubt it is light burn, as I keep light at a safe distance. In my case I thoughy it is a light nute burn or maybe calmag def. Given that you use calmag, I d say it is a light nute burn but wait for some better opinion. I have seen those yellow tips near the top in a lot of grows on youtube. Leaves seem ok, but can t see the angle properly at the photo angle.

That is a lot of inputs and the plant is showing you have reached its limit on nutrients. You still have 4 to 6 weeks to go on these girls. I would just water for a week or longer and see how they look. Then when they start to look a little bit hungry feed 50% strength balanced bloom nutrients. Stop with the cal-mag the dolomite lime will provide all you need. I believe FFHF has Dolomite Lime and Oyster Shell, both are sources of calcium and the DL has magnesium!

You need to learn how to water the "Pot" and not try to spoon feed the plant. Even moisture in the pot is critical to the microbes that live there to provide nutrition to the plant. Happy Microbes = Happy Plant

That is a lot of inputs and the plant is showing you have reached its limit on nutrients. You still have 4 to 6 weeks to go on these girls. I would just water for a week or longer and see how they look. Then when they start to look a little bit hungry feed 50% strength balanced bloom nutrients. Stop with the cal-mag the dolomite lime will provide all you need. I believe FFHF has Dolomite Lime and Oyster Shell, both are sources of calcium and the DL has magnesium!

You need to learn how to water the "Pot" and not try to spoon feed the plant. Even moisture in the pot is critical to the microbes that live there to provide nutrition to the plant. Happy Microbes = Happy Plant
I've only provided dry amendments from Gaia Green which was about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Haven't been able to get a clear answer but can Gaia Green cause nute burns or worst nute lockout?

Any brand of nutrients can burn if given in large enough amounts - especially when the pot already has too much fertilizer.

PHed water only for at least a week. Give that plant a healthy dose of LITFA.

Any brand of nutrients can burn if given in large enough amounts - especially when the pot already has too much fertilizer.

PHed water only for at least a week. Give that plant a healthy dose of LITFA.
sounds like a plan. The recommended amendment is once every 3-4 weeks so she'll probably cruise for the next few weeks.

Back