Light in

I would start at about 24” and if you see stretching, lower to 18. Your plants will tell you if it’s too much. If fan leaves are folding up (edges up, center lower) or fans pointing up… the plant is trying to decrease its dli (daily light integral) which is the amount of light taken in by plant surfaces, then light is too close. If it is stretching ( branch length without adding additional nodes) then light is too far away. Does it have a dimmer?

I would start at about 24” and if you see stretching, lower to 18. Your plants will tell you if it’s too much. If fan leaves are folding up (edges up, center lower) or fans pointing up… the plant is trying to decrease its dli (daily light integral) which is the amount of light taken in by plant surfaces, then light is too close. If it is stretching ( branch length without adding additional nodes) then light is too far away. Does it have a dimmer?
I googled it, the aero wing se200? Looks like it can be controlled with an app on you phone. So I would do 24” and dim or increase as necessary. If you need to you can raise the light. If you have an android phone you can download the free photone app which will get you in the ballpark. If iPhone you’ll have to pay a one time fee for lifetime use of the specific light meter you need. Full spectrum is usually it for led but they have just about any lamp bulb you can use. But make sure if iPhone you choose and pay for the right one.

yes it has a dimmer. Right now I have the light about 20 inches away at 45% intensity. they are 2 days old and the photone app shows 360 ppfd

I googled it, the aero wing se200? Looks like it can be controlled with an app on you phone. So I would do 24” and dim or increase as necessary. If you need to you can raise the light. If you have an android phone you can download the free photone app which will get you in the ballpark. If iPhone you’ll have to pay a one time fee for lifetime use of the specific light meter you need. Full spectrum is usually it for led but they have just about any lamp bulb you can use. But make sure if iPhone you choose and pay for the right one.
ty so much

Get a free light meter app like Photone and use it to set your DLI(daily light index)

This takes light intensity and hours into consideration.

Eventually you will learn to tell when plants have had enough light and are ready for bed.

DLI by Growth Stage - growlightmeter.com.png

Back