Looking for advice with pain management

Reaction score
What's up everyone, and thankyou so much for stopping by to help out. I'm wondering what is going to be the best way for my mom to use cannabis for pain management. She is having a lump removed from her esophagus, and will be on a liquid only diet for a while. She isn't a cannabis user, but would rather try cannabis then the pain meds. So that being said I dont want to accidentally send her on roll coaster ride before she takes the best nap of her life. I want her to be nice and comfortable, and easy her into it nice and slow. I've done some research but I figured I would reach out to people that may have actual experience and advice with this.

What's up everyone, and thankyou so much for stopping by to help out. I'm wondering what is going to be the best way for my mom to use cannabis for pain management. She is having a lump removed from her esophagus, and will be on a liquid only diet for a while. She isn't a cannabis user, but would rather try cannabis then the pain meds. So that being said I dont want to accidentally send her on roll coaster ride before she takes the best nap of her life. I want her to be nice and comfortable, and easy her into it nice and slow. I've done some research but I figured I would reach out to people that may have actual experience and advice with this.

Start small.
I recently gave a non-user a 40 mg cookie with instructions to eat only 1/4 of it 90 min before bedtime for sleep.
He ate the whole thing, had a terrible experience, and won't touch it now.
Another friend got overdosed on about 3 mg, but that's unusual.
5 mg thc with no expectation of working is a good place to start.

Do a bit of research into CBD edibles as well, Full spectrum CBD is an excellent anti inflammatory and pain reliever for many.

And you can get it in oil so a squirt or two just goes under the tongue.

I know an elderly lady who broke her upper back and shoulder decades ago, and has lived in pain while on big pharma poisons ever since.

She started on CBD a year ago and is fairly high dose but she has quit all the RX's and is much more comfortable.

Good luck to all :pass:

I really like CBD isolate. It's not cheap, but it's good stuff. She could do CBD oil sublingual. Not always a great taste, but if it gets the job done.

Generally speaking I find Indica strains better for my pain, with Afghani and Hindu varieties taking the lead. As others have said, start low and go slow.

I don't know what methods would suit her, with that esophagus. I imagine smoking and vaping are out of the question.
Straight tincture could burn too much, so rather than taking it sublingual she could put 1/2 ml into a cup of tea and drink it.

Personaly I found CBD rich strains to be more effective than CBD Isolate. I think that the cannabinoids and terpines work better together than apart.

Generally speaking I find Indica strains better for my pain, with Afghani and Hindu varieties taking the lead. As others have said, start low and go slow.

I don't know what methods would suit her, with that esophagus. I imagine smoking and vaping are out of the question.
Straight tincture could burn too much, so rather than taking it sublingual she could put 1/2 ml into a cup of tea and drink it.

Personaly I found CBD rich strains to be more effective than CBD Isolate. I think that the cannabinoids and terpines work better together than apart.

Yes, CBD isolate is stripped of a lot of good pain relieving properties.

Look for full spectrum as it seems to work best for pain and inflammation when you get the entourage effect.

+1 for Affies working well also.

:cheers:

Back