Lots of clear and amber triches, but few milky

ddj192d

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I'm having an issue where on day 77 from seed I'm seeing a bunch of clear and amber trichomes but only a few milky ones. My critical auto + is foxtailing a good amount, so my question is about harvest when foxtailing. Would the trichomes "underneath" the foxtails already be further along? Overall the plant looks like it's ready to harvest, with pretty much all pistils being red and wrinkly, no new ones sprouting, I see fat buds, and some fan leaves have faded into the yellow. I'm dreading these harvest questions myself but would hate to harvest too soon after "only" 77 days. Anyone got any experience with this?

I'm having an issue where on day 77 from seed I'm seeing a bunch of clear and amber trichomes but only a few milky ones. My critical auto + is foxtailing a good amount, so my question is about harvest when foxtailing. Would the trichomes "underneath" the foxtails already be further along? Overall the plant looks like it's ready to harvest, with pretty much all pistils being red and wrinkly, no new ones sprouting, I see fat buds, and some fan leaves have faded into the yellow. I'm dreading these harvest questions myself but would hate to harvest too soon after "only" 77 days. Anyone got any experience with this?
Pictures? 77 days is pretty early but not crazy. Foxtails wont actually turn amber since they're way behind the bulk of the plant

Hi Buddy Im currently growing critical auto from barney's farm its 120 days old and in rdwc im using spiderfarmer se3000 led im just about to chop her i have her in an aquafarm and she looks about ready here are some pics this is my first auto grow and also first with leds i normally grow photos so cant offer much advice but will also be tuning in for some advice and tips

Attachments

• IMG_20230413_194936.jpg
    IMG_20230413_194936.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20230413_194905.jpg
    IMG_20230413_194905.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 46
  • 20230413_165327.jpg
    20230413_165327.jpg
    731.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230413_165134.jpg
    20230413_165134.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 42
need more info about lighting specifically.. and a pic would help. Foxtailing can be from excessive light intensity
(how do i know? :eyebrows::eyebrows:hehe ) and that can also slow down ripening.. my guess with no extra info would be wait 2 more weeks minimum, then raise lights / lower intensity and monitor for ripeness.
GL

Hi Buddy Im currently growing critical auto from barney's farm its 120 days old and in rdwc im using spiderfarmer se3000 led im just about to chop her i have her in an aquafarm and she looks about ready here are some pics this is my first auto grow and also first with leds i normally grow photos so cant offer much advice but will also be tuning in for some advice and tips
It might just be the pictures but that plant looks like it has bud rot?

This is a better pic i hope shes not got bud rot no idea how that could have happened?

Thank you for all the answers already, I'm using a Mars Hydro FC 3000 with about 12 inches distance to one of the plants, and about 14-15 inches for the plant in question. When it was cooler outside I had the light up to 70% of the 300 Watts, but in recent weeks I dialed it down to about 60% due to temperature concerns. The plant itself looks frosty, but as you can tell I've had some phosphorus issues after a Nitrogen toxicity. Paired with the end of life discoloration she really doesn't look that great anymore. However, the growth underneath the canopy is still somewhat green and healthy. I'm not seeing new pistils but it's hard to tell if the trichomes on the original growth (before foxtailing) would be done.
I think I'm just going to harvest today, today is day 80 from seed and logically it checks out that the triches on new growth would be behind in terms of time they had to develop.

Attachments

• foto_no_exif(1).jpg
    foto_no_exif(1).jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
  • foto_no_exif.jpg
    foto_no_exif.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Thank you for all the answers already, I'm using a Mars Hydro FC 3000 with about 12 inches distance to one of the plants, and about 14-15 inches for the plant in question. When it was cooler outside I had the light up to 70% of the 300 Watts, but in recent weeks I dialed it down to about 60% due to temperature concerns. The plant itself looks frosty, but as you can tell I've had some phosphorus issues after a Nitrogen toxicity. Paired with the end of life discoloration she really doesn't look that great anymore. However, the growth underneath the canopy is still somewhat green and healthy. I'm not seeing new pistils but it's hard to tell if the trichomes on the original growth (before foxtailing) would be done.
I think I'm just going to harvest today, today is day 80 from seed and logically it checks out that the triches on new growth would be behind in terms of time they had to develop.
Its gonna be good no matter what dude...
congrats!

Back