Lowering humidity

Sleeper143

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi,
I’m 7 weeks in to my first grow (indoor) and I’ve just hit my first real issue - humidity. Up till now it’s been reasonably dry in the U.K. and using s a small humidifier and a small dehumidifier I have managed to keep the RH around 50-60. But now the weather has turned, raining everyday which has pushed up the RH in the intake air up to 70+. Even with the dehumidifier running 24/7 the RH in my tent is at 70, and after watering it’s getting up to 80! As I’m in flower now I want it back down at 50ish. Any ideas how I can lower the humidity even further? If I heat up the intake air would this help? Or could I put a fan heater in the tent? Any ideas would be great, I don’t want to lose my first grow to mold or bud rot. Thanks

I would recommend venting the high rh air out of the tent, possibly out of the room. Get rid of anything with standing water. Are you in soils or hydro?

I would recommend venting the high rh air out of the tent, possibly out of the room. Get rid of anything with standing water. Are you in soils or hydro?
Soil, my extractor runs 24/7 too. But as it extracts, high RH air outside the tent is getting pulled in.

You have anything else in your tent that's holding water? Is your extractor putting it in a room where it sucks air from or you go out? How about less water when you water ? How frequently do you water your plants?

I dealing with 78% Humidity 2 Fans blowing on my Plant 2 weeks for Harvest now but i belive with fans blowing 24 hours nothink will happend we have rainy days now hope it's over in a few Days.

You have anything else in your tent that's holding water? Is your extractor putting it in a room where it sucks air from or you go out? How about less water when you water ? How frequently do you water your plants?
Extractor extracts outside. I went out and got a big dehumidifier yesterday (what else was I going to do when AFN is offline lol!). Overnight the room humidity is down to 52 and the humidity in the tent is at 55.

Back