Grow Mediums Mega Crop 2 Part & Coco MOG Formula

Cerebral Goo

Village Idiot
Reaction score
@Mañ'O'Green

Didn't want to hijack your grow thread so I thought this was the most appropriate place for the post. This will be my first coco grow. You had stated in one of my other questions that the formula would work for any hydroponic system. If you would be so kind, a couple of questions for you...the main one being if the formula applies to coco as it is since coco is pretty much hydro?

Here is what I got goin on so far:

Currently on day 9 since seeds sprouted above coco

Set up is: 3 gallon pots with 70/30 Canna coco brick coco/perlite (pre soaked in your 1st week formula)
Temp is 78-80*, 70-75* lights out, 70-75% mid 60's during lights out, will go to 68-78* with 60% humidity after day 14 for veg
Lights: 19/5, currently at 400 ppfd and ramping up to 775 by day 14
Harley Smith foliar feed once a week

I fertigated around the edge of the pots on day 3 and added a small amount across the top of the pot to keep "moist". Day 5 same, day 8 (last night) fertigation of whole pot with the first nine day formula to 20-25% runoff...

Plan on hand fertigating twice a day with runoff at second feeding once the roots get a little more established and plants can take it

• Any caveats with using your current Mega Crop/RAW schedule in coco?
  • Will the calcium and magnesium in the formula be sufficient(using led lights as well)
  • Will potassium become an issue as the coco will release it later on in the grow?
  • The Week 6 (red line) in your formula, what was your final thoughts on the formula for that week?
  • Anything else I should take into account?
Many many thanks !!!

@Cerebral Goo Yes this formula should work well for Coco add 50 PPM of Cal-mag extra and yes you may need to reduce the P a little bit in flower. That red line in my formula is where I fooked up and used 3 times the amount of K I was supposed to! It burned some plants.

Fertigate to run-off EVERY day you fertigate. It will not hurt the seedling. Remember the runoff is about the media not the plant.

@Cerebral Goo Yes this formula should work well for Coco add 50 PPM of Cal-mag extra and yes you may need to reduce the P a little bit in flower. That red line in my formula is where I fooked up and used 3 times the amount of K I was supposed to! It burned some plants.

Fertigate to run-off EVERY day you fertigate. It will not hurt the seedling. Remember the runoff is about the media not the plant.

Thanks Man O Green. Just one clarification if you could. Is the 50 PPM of cal mag per gallon? Or, 10 gallon reservoir?

Thanks Man O Green. Just one clarification if you could. Is the 50 PPM of cal mag per gallon? Or, 10 gallon reservoir?
Per gallon. It would be good to use a trace amount of Iron. Something like Earth Juice Micro Blast as well.

@Mañ'O'Green,

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 6.43.52 PM.png

Quick question for ya. Getting the nitrogen claw on a couple of the ladies. It's the first day of week 4 on the grow. Mixing 4 gallons with 6 gms part A and 3.6 Part B. How much can I cut back on the part B of Mega Crop while keeping things in balance?

I'm also using Botanicare cal mag at 2.5 ml a gallon(50 ppm per your suggestion) and am getting some nitrogen from that as well.

Feed/water 3 times a day to 20%+ runoff, 80* and a little over 60% humidity

Thanks as always!!!

Back