DIY My DIY LED, power supply and driver set up

I turned on the new lighting system yesterday afternoon. No arcs, sparks or smoke checks! Everything works as intended!
Here is the system mounted to the grow cabinet.
IMG_20220909_171930.jpg
IMG_20220910_203818.jpg
IMG_20220910_142701.jpg

Plus there's more green and cyan where full spectrums tend to lack. They are less efficient than 80/70 but there's other places to cut cost in a grow at this level lol. Though most use 70-80cri for the sake of efficiency but there's that cast of color that doesn't even look right at 5000k.

I'll be watching.

CreScience has a new flux strip, the cSpec Chroma, it has a lot more cyan and green, I have several coming to play with. https://cre.science/en/product/fluxstrip-cspec-chroma/

This looks very nice bro. Super clean job! Would love to know the total cost of your builds as I’ve been studying leds for a few years now and soon to be building my own.

I did notice those black lines on your picture. I am certain that is down to the drivers you have used? I know meanwell is top notch but sometimes drivers cause the leds to blink and only the camera will see it. It can also depend on the led chips used.

How much did you pay for those pcb lighting boards? I love how you used different panels for different spread.

Cheers

This looks very nice bro. Super clean job! Would love to know the total cost of your builds as I’ve been studying leds for a few years now and soon to be building my own.

I did notice those black lines on your picture. I am certain that is down to the drivers you have used? I know meanwell is top notch but sometimes drivers cause the leds to blink and only the camera will see it. It can also depend on the led chips used.

How much did you pay for those pcb lighting boards? I love how you used different panels for different spread.

Cheers
Thanks for the compliments! :pass:

It is a combo of the cameras "shutter speed" and the drivers duty cycle, that pic was at a much lower intensity, 40%, ie a duty cycle closer to the cameras duty cycle(shutter speed),,, here is one at about 75% intensity. The reason for using MeanWell LDD-H buck drivers is their efficiency and the strobing affect isn't of consequence really.
IMG_20220915_201052.jpg

The led strips vary in price, A touch on the expensive side when you do it the way I am. I get the strips from Germany, Crescience https://cre.science/en/product/fluxstrip-enhanced/

Here is another pic of the cabinet and electronics setup.

IMG_20220917_162213.jpg

Back