My plants are troopers but Im losing the war

CrazyCanuck

New User
Reaction score
First time growing, I almost killed the plants with my well water (pH of 9), brought them back with pH down and nutes but immediately after they started getting brown spots - my water has a tds of 550 but I don't know what all is in it yet I'm waiting on an analysis from ahs. I've been watering with melted snow (at room temp) and they started coming back I think, but now all the leaves are curling up longitudinally. I've been fighting to save these plants but I don't know how much more of this they can take; I would really appreciate some advice.

First picture shows the new curling, second one is the brown spots that developed after balancing the pH to 6.0, third is both plants, the plant behind is behind the light to avoid light burn, there's nothing that looks like light burn on either of them to my eye

Problem: Longitudinal curling of leaves, brown spots

Medium/grow method: Promix organic vegetable & herb soil, indoor grow tent

Feed: and supplements used: All Greenplanet: pH down, Medi-one, Ocean magic, Rezin. Dosage as according to labels except for Medi-one which is too acidic to use full dose with melted snow

water source: Melted snow, earlier well water

Strain/age: Unknown strain, approx 3 months old

light used: Mars hydro on full send

Climate: Indoor, 18-24c approx, humidity unknown but not at either extreme

Attachments

• 20220311_223654.jpg
    20220311_223654.jpg
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220311_223704.jpg
    20220311_223704.jpg
    973.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 16470658441628264331158733066737.jpg
    16470658441628264331158733066737.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hi @CrazyCanuck :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:Your pots have gotten out of balance. I was not familiar with those products so I looked it up and it would seem that you are missing some parts of the schedule? It is a hydroponic fertilizer and you are using it in soil?
2022-03-11_23-32-42.jpg

I have a primer on using salt based fertilizers. A lot of it applies to organics as well.

Just keep feeding them every third watering with flower stage week 5 blend.

Hi @CrazyCanuck :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:Your pots have gotten out of balance. I was not familiar with those products so I looked it up and it would seem that you are missing some parts of the schedule? It is a hydroponic fertilizer and you are using it in soil?

I have a primer on using salt based fertilizers. A lot of it applies to organics as well

Just keep feeding them every third watering with flower stage week 5 blend.

There's a local grow shop I got all the supplies from, the guy running it suggested the medi-one, he said a few of his customers were using it with success in soil. You believe that's the source of the imbalance?
Maybe I totally misunderstood but wouldn't watering with the week 5 blend just make the imbalance worse?

There's a local grow shop I got all the supplies from, the guy running it suggested the medi-one, he said a few of his customers were using it with success in soil. You believe that's the source of the imbalance?
Maybe I totally misunderstood but wouldn't watering with the week 5 blend just make the imbalance worse?
No it will not make it worse. Because we have no way of knowing what is in your pot the only thing I can suggest is to add IN BALANCE NUTRIENTS to the pot hopping to get the plants to harvest in as good a shape as possible.

That means adding to 1 gallon of water:

Medi One 6ml
Ocean Magic 8ml
REZIN 8ml
Massive 20ml
Liquid weight 6ml

Then PH it to 6.0 and feed the plant. Then The next 3 times it needs water just use PH 6.0 water then repeat.

2022-03-11_23-32-42.jpg

No it will not make it worse. Because we have no way of knowing what is in your pot the only thing I can suggest is to add IN BALANCE NUTRIENTS to the pot hopping to get the plants to harvest in as good a shape as possible.

That means adding to 1 gallon of water:

Medi One 6ml
Ocean Magic 8ml
REZIN 8ml
Massive 20ml
Liquid weight 6ml

Then PH it to 6.0 and feed the plant. Then The next 3 times it needs water just use PH 6.0 water then repeat.

Ahhh I get you now, I didn't notice the additon of massive and liquid weight lol. Thanks kindly, Ill give it a try and report back in a week or 2 if they get better or not

Once you understand the principals of balanced nutrients your plants will be better. It is indeed difficult to move from the text book to the pot. That is where the actual growing and real world learning takes place.

AFN is such a valuable tool not only do we have many great growers sharing their time to help others grow but you can keep your grow logs here in your own threads. I keep my own data (because lost/hostage data is a part of life)but I post most of it here. I also have many conversations in my grow threads. It is easier to follow a grow in your own thread.

I got my water test results, fairly high levels of sodium and fluoride but I'm not sure what the plants can tolerate. I was using this water plus pH down (to 6.0) when I first started having problems. I've been using bottled water plus the suggested nutes since I made the original post and they seem to be bouncing back, is this water workable?

Attachments

• 20220321_172819.jpg
    20220321_172819.jpg
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 11
Back