New Grower Need help. Multiple issues. I think a K deficiency or nute burn possibly?

Reaction score
Problem: Yellowing/burnt tips.

Medium/grow method: FFOF with amendments in the bottom 2/3, Plain FF Happy Frog on top 1/3.

Feed: and supplements used: Neem Seed/Kelp meal(Down to Earth), Biochar, Worm castings (all in lower 2/3). Week 3 started flowering. Week 4 did first compost tea and added nature's pride for top dressing. So, Water, 3 days later compost tea, 3 days later water and top dressed.

water source: Garden hose with chlorine filter

Strain/age: Ghost toof/Mephisto about 33 days is the worst plant. The rest are various Mephisto strains. One has a few yellow spots in the middle of a lower leaf, but all have slight burnt tips on basically all leaves.

light used: QB 600w

Climate: 40-50% RH

Additional info:

This is my very first grow ever, so I may not be explaining everything correctly. I have 5 Mephisto beans going, all showing burn on the very tips of the leaves. One has a few yellow spots on the lower leaves, but none as bad as this. The first 3 weeks seemed to go fine. The end of week 3, all plants were flowering and the leaves started yellowing. I gave them chlorine filtered water through the first 3 weeks. Every 3 days or so. They started flowering, so I gave them compost tea a week ago and then Nature's Pride top dressing for the first time last night.

I'm not sure if I should remove the yellow leaves or not.

I've done a bit of researching, but I don't know what's going on. I think it could be a Potassium deficiency or possibly nutrient burn. I read (after I started) that auto-flowers need less Nitrogen so I was thinking the Neem Seed shows a 6 for N. If I add amendments next time, I'll add less and only to the bottom 1/3 I guess.

Temp is 70-82 with the light turned up about 90% of the way. It got down to 60 a few nights about 2 weeks ago. It gets too hot in tent to have it up 100% right now. RH was 50-80% during veg. I have it about 35-40% RH now that they're flowering. I believe I had the light too close the first week or 2 and possibly stunted them. They seemed pretty short to me when they were flowering at the end of week 3. Or possibly getting down to 60 degrees that early in the plants life. I'm not sure.

GT_issues.jpg

All tips burnt on each plant

D280.jpg

Lower leaves yellowing...

D2805.jpg

Last edited:
So a few things I would do I wouldn't add anything else the amendments u used would have got u through a bit longer also in my opinion nitrogen is needed, I use the same dose from stretch through mid flower it has made my yields go up and the plants have been more healthy. Temperatures are huge for autos simply bc they only have so long before they die and there is nothing we can do to prolong it so babying them is the best way to get big healthy plants. I amend the bottom half of my pots even 1gal pots some phenotypes are finicky or runts and I will never get them to grow right it's a difficult thing to no when to cull a plant bc some will really surprise u also it's good to learn from. I am around on here alot I u need anything don't hesitate to tag me.

Thanks for the tips @Fitzy

So I should use plain water for the next couple of weeks then?

Any idea if anything can be done about the browning tips or yellowing?

The temp in the tent is more consistent now. Hopefully that helps.

Ya only water for a bit as u said u top dressed try to remember the plant will eat very little until mid veg like 1wk or so before stretch. Also mephisto genetics in general there plants need less nutes/ppm and I also have noticed in others aswell as my own they get nitrogen lockout easy bc they don't need much but they do need it till mid flower. Another thing is the next time ur popin seed do one with only amended soil in bottom half that will be the control plant and only use molasses and the other top dress wat ever u want to try, having the control plant will give u the info u need for the grow after that it will luk when to top dress ect it take 1wk for most top dressed material you also need to take notes as strains are different so the notes can really help especially the more times u grow it and the more thourogh the notes the bigger better more healthy and consistent they will be. Again anything I can do to help feel free to ask bud sending good vibes ur way.
Thanks for the tips @Fitzy

So I should use plain water for the next couple of weeks then?

Any idea if anything can be done about the browning tips or yellowing?

The temp in the tent is more consistent now. Hopefully that helps.

It's no problem I really enjoy giving back wat I can so like I said anytime I can help I will your on the right track bud and there are plenty of other people here that will help out visit random journals you will see and learn lots check out one of mine in the indoor growers section mephisto /my crosses there are some good learning things in there like wat ur plants look like after not watering for 48hrs ect I have medical issues so sometimes I can't tend them for day ect so anyway journals are one of the best learning tools.

Back