Neem oil+Karanja Oil

Eyes on Fire

Guy Smiley
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.net
Currently Smoking
yes
Dyna-Gro Neem Seed Oil is a very fine product and is easily sourced around the country. Unfortunately when discussing neem oils the discussion almost always revolves around a single compound in this oil - Azadirachtin
This is pretty stupid since Azadirachtin is only 1 of 320 compounds found in neem and karanja seed oils. Specifically this compound is a terpenoid - fair enough.
Having said that, Azadirachtin is only one of 20 terpenoids found in neem and karanja trees. It would be like discussing the benefit of eating citrus fruits and simply focusing on Vitamin C - pretty stupid.
The Dyna-Gro Neem Seed Oil is a very fine product and one that I've used for several years. The level of Azadirachtin specifically is 1500 ppm as per the Dyna-Gro company. And it's a cold-pressed oil which retains much of the beneficial compounds vs. the chemical extraction process used on garbage like Azatrol and Azamax.
The neem tree products from The Ahimsa Foundation (NeemResource.com) is organic. The product comes out of Southeast India in the ancient neem groves going back to the 16th Century. The Azadirachtin levels in this specific product is 4500 ppm - i.e. 3x the levels in the Dyna-Gro Neem Seed Oil
It's human food-grade, fair trade and cheap, cheap, cheap. If you hit their web site look at the horizontal menu bar across the page and hit 'Sample Packs' of which there are 3 deals available. All of them a killer pricing.
Here's the mix that I use with their products to completely, totally, absolutely prevent mites, PM, thrips, etc.
1/2 tablespoon of organic neem oil
1/2 tablespoon of organic karanja oil
1 tablespoon of Dyna-Gro Pro-TeKt (liquid silica and is the perfect emulsifier for these oils)

Mix in a 'rock glass' until you get an even solution. Add this in small amounts to 1 gallon of TEPID water (i.e. 65F - 75F) and slowly. Higher temps diminish the effectiveness of these oils. Once you get that done you now need to add a surfactant to make this mix 'stick' to the leaves and branches.
I recommend using liquid yucca extract (again you want to get organic human food-grade meaning no preservatives) - this is available at T & J Enterprises in Spokane, Washington.
Once you have the oils and liquid silica in the spray tank add 1 oz. (2 tablespoons) of the yucca extract. Close the tank and shake as hard as you can to activate the saponins in the yucca extract.
Hit each and every leaf on the top and bottom (especially) until it looks like you haven't watered your plants for a couple of weeks, i.e. leaves hanging down and generally looking pretty sh*tty. Shut down the lights and let them sit in the dark until the next 'on cycle'
Repeat every 4 or 5 days for at least 3 applications. This will break the adult-egg-larva cycle much like dealing with fleas on you dogs and cats perhaps.
If you want you can also use organic aloe vera juice and I add 1.5 ounces (3 tablespoons) to each gallon of the neem/karanja and water mix. George's is a good product and certainly inexpensive enough. It's organic and has NO preservatives. 90% of aloe vera products do use one of the following or all of them: sodium benzoate, citric acid and potassium sorbate. Cute, eh?
Both of these neem and karanja oils are the finest that I have been able to find. If there's anything better I would be happy to check it out, i.e. I'm not closed-minded on this deal.
I can't recommend these products enough and at the price in their sample packs vs. Dyna-Gro and ESPECIALLY the sh*t from a company called 'Einstein Oil' this product provides bottom-basement pricing. Einstein Oil is $65.00 for 1 pint or $520.00 per gallon.
The organic neem oil from The Ahimsa Foundation is around $75.00 per gallon. Heh......... CC"
http://www.neemresource.com/
http://www.tandjenterprises.com/CCPRO/ecom-prodshow/yuccaextractpintwop.html

ahimsaneem_thumb.jpg

Again this is not my write up. "Matt Rize"

Dyna-Gro Neem Seed Oil is a very fine product and is easily sourced around the country. Unfortunately when discussing neem oils the discussion almost always revolves around a single compound in this oil - Azadirachtin
This is pretty stupid since Azadirachtin is only 1 of 320 compounds found in neem and karanja seed oils. Specifically this compound is a terpenoid - fair enough.
Having said that, Azadirachtin is only one of 20 terpenoids found in neem and karanja trees. It would be like discussing the benefit of eating citrus fruits and simply focusing on Vitamin C - pretty stupid.
The Dyna-Gro Neem Seed Oil is a very fine product and one that I've used for several years. The level of Azadirachtin specifically is 1500 ppm as per the Dyna-Gro company. And it's a cold-pressed oil which retains much of the beneficial compounds vs. the chemical extraction process used on garbage like Azatrol and Azamax.
The neem tree products from The Ahimsa Foundation (NeemResource.com) is organic. The product comes out of Southeast India in the ancient neem groves going back to the 16th Century. The Azadirachtin levels in this specific product is 4500 ppm - i.e. 3x the levels in the Dyna-Gro Neem Seed Oil
It's human food-grade, fair trade and cheap, cheap, cheap. If you hit their web site look at the horizontal menu bar across the page and hit 'Sample Packs' of which there are 3 deals available. All of them a killer pricing.
Here's the mix that I use with their products to completely, totally, absolutely prevent mites, PM, thrips, etc.
1/2 tablespoon of organic neem oil
1/2 tablespoon of organic karanja oil
1 tablespoon of Dyna-Gro Pro-TeKt (liquid silica and is the perfect emulsifier for these oils)
Mix in a 'rock glass' until you get an even solution. Add this in small amounts to 1 gallon of TEPID water (i.e. 65F - 75F) and slowly. Higher temps diminish the effectiveness of these oils. Once you get that done you now need to add a surfactant to make this mix 'stick' to the leaves and branches.
I recommend using liquid yucca extract (again you want to get organic human food-grade meaning no preservatives) - this is available at T & J Enterprises in Spokane, Washington.
Once you have the oils and liquid silica in the spray tank add 1 oz. (2 tablespoons) of the yucca extract. Close the tank and shake as hard as you can to activate the saponins in the yucca extract.
Hit each and every leaf on the top and bottom (especially) until it looks like you haven't watered your plants for a couple of weeks, i.e. leaves hanging down and generally looking pretty sh*tty. Shut down the lights and let them sit in the dark until the next 'on cycle'
Repeat every 4 or 5 days for at least 3 applications. This will break the adult-egg-larva cycle much like dealing with fleas on you dogs and cats perhaps.
If you want you can also use organic aloe vera juice and I add 1.5 ounces (3 tablespoons) to each gallon of the neem/karanja and water mix. George's is a good product and certainly inexpensive enough. It's organic and has NO preservatives. 90% of aloe vera products do use one of the following or all of them: sodium benzoate, citric acid and potassium sorbate. Cute, eh?
Both of these neem and karanja oils are the finest that I have been able to find. If there's anything better I would be happy to check it out, i.e. I'm not closed-minded on this deal.
I can't recommend these products enough and at the price in their sample packs vs. Dyna-Gro and ESPECIALLY the sh*t from a company called 'Einstein Oil' this product provides bottom-basement pricing. Einstein Oil is $65.00 for 1 pint or $520.00 per gallon.
The organic neem oil from The Ahimsa Foundation is around $75.00 per gallon. Heh......... CC"
http://www.neemresource.com/
http://www.tandjenterprises.com/CCPRO/ecom-prodshow/yuccaextractpintwop.html
ahimsaneem_thumb.jpg

Again this is not my write up. "Matt Rize"
can u use neem cake i any teas? or is it better to use it once or twice? :D still geting a hang in organics

Im not sure what your asking man. can it be used in a tea? or how many times in a tea? well to start with me personally I would use it as a soil amendment ,since those can be thought of like vitamins A and B or C or E i forget but they both work in correlation with one another to work most effectively. but now for teas I have not gotten around to using them that way but have toyed with the notion of steeping them short term and using as a drench and or pest problem solver or even potentially a foliar spary.but since I havent used it this way I can only guess as to how to effectively use them correctly but less is more here. I would use like a tea spoon of crumbled cake or crushed pellets of each and add them to a gallon of good bubbled water then step overnight or 12 hours max and use as a drench and thats as far as I would personally go. soil amending gets it a far better and superior end product,disolved organics are a more immediate thing verses an enduring thing that works throughout the soils life.which ultimately can be quite awhile with small and simple amendments and compost blending,

Im not sure what your asking man. can it be used in a tea? or how many times in a tea? well to start with me personally I would use it as a soil amendment ,since those can be thought of like vitamins A and B or C or E i forget but they both work in correlation with one another to work most effectively. but now for teas I have not gotten around to using them that way but have toyed with the notion of steeping them short term and using as a drench and or pest problem solver or even potentially a foliar spary.but since I havent used it this way I can only guess as to how to effectively use them correctly but less is more here. I would use like a tea spoon of crumbled cake or crushed pellets of each and add them to a gallon of good bubbled water then step overnight or 12 hours max and use as a drench and thats as far as I would personally go. soil amending gets it a far better and superior end product,disolved organics are a more immediate thing verses an enduring thing that works throughout the soils life.which ultimately can be quite awhile with small and simple amendments and compost blending,
Thaaanks Eyes :D im puting together a brewer in a 50l bucket :D so im thinkin about brewing a anti-pest tea :D just as an experiment :D but how much should i put in a 120L bin of my supersoil? Yeah i know i asked kinda dumb sory was pretty knocked the fuck out from my mazar hahhaha:D peace

120 litres or about 30 US gallons imo I would add right about a full cup of each and mix well.after a week mix again and make sure its breathing decently. look at frass and neem cake for a light foliar or drench. with a proper soil you should not need added(too much added rather) pest control. but those should work.

120 litres or about 30 US gallons imo I would add right about a full cup of each and mix well.after a week mix again and make sure its breathing decently. look at frass and neem cake for a light foliar or drench. with a proper soil you should not need added(too much added rather) pest control. but those should work.
so im good with a good cup of neee cake :D huuuh I thought ill need more :D

if your using only neen cake I would go with 1.5 cups. but i thought you were using both. but it also depends on how hot or hard your mix is. 1 cup for that size is a little smaller sure, but it lend on the side of caution with less but enough to work decent. but you could easily go more. upwards of 2 cups for 30 gallons actually IF you only have the neem cake. I used two last mix and it worked rather well. i too do not have the kanja cake quite yet.

oohhhh okey okey like im saying still geting a hang in organics and growing....so i can add lets say 2 cups and then i sstir it up and how long is the cooking time extended for the mix? :D

no its not extended at all. if your using only neem cake and a mellow mix at half strength 1.5-2 cups will be fine. mix well and after a week mix it again completely getting the corners and all that and at that point it will sit for 30 days. so 30 days plus a week minimum.

no its not extended at all. if your using only neem cake and a mellow mix at half strength 1.5-2 cups will be fine. mix well and after a week mix it again completely getting the corners and all that and at that point it will sit for 30 days. so 30 days plus a week minimum.
thanks eyes :D maybe im just gona wait and topdres them :D

Back