New CMP not dissolving?

Delta9Heavy

Qualified Live Stoner
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Tyrone special
There appears to be a new cal mag pro formula. My last cmp was little balls. The new bag looks half powder half chunky? I’m not new to mixing/dissolving GLN. I use a shaker with RO water and even warm the water if needed. I’ve tried adding more water, more heat, more shaking. Now after 24 hrs in the shaker is it starting to sort of dissolve when I popped in this morn. The old formula had no issues quickly and fully dissolving into a shaker of cold water, while my new bag won’t dissolve in a hot water shaker? Wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t just order a 5 year supply because the bulk prices were a no brainer. Anyway I’ll attach some pics of the new cmp as well as the shaker with the cmp in it for 24hrs. For now I’m subbing my bottle of Cali magic at 2.5ml/g hoping that’s around the strength of cmp at 1.5g/g. In fact only reason I’m not just using the Cali magic was to keep it brand specific...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 51
It does fully dissolve, you have to STIR IT IN very well though. So keep the water circulating/stirred, then slowly add in the powder. You only need to stir for the first minute or so, then you can stop. It will usually dissolve, but could possibly take a few hours/overnight to 100% dissolve.

If you mix too fast, or not stirred well enough, you will get some white flakes/pieces, but even these will mostly dissolve overnight. However some small amount may still persist in the solution even after this, however its not a big issue at all, since its just a combination of Calcium and Sulfur, and its usually less than 1% of the total mix. So in other words, at max you would lose around 1% of the mix.

Also, the new CalMag has much higher Magnesium than before, almost double the label value. We are experimenting with this to see if we will keep it or not in the future. Also, make sure to keep your bag sealed (airtight) when not in use!

Back