New Grower New grower - don’t think I have the right lights

What are your thoughts on following a EC pH balance programme ?
Not sure what you mean but....

EC depends on the stage of the plant and how much it wants.

pH depends on the medium, whether soil, coco, or a full DWC hydro setup. I run coco coir and keep the pH between 5.8 and 6.2 start to finish.

Also if you want a more indepth overview on how light energy is used by cannabis look up Dr. Bruce Bugbee. He goes over a lot of cannabis crop physiology and how light, and nutrients play a critical balance in plant growth and yeild.
Yea will do , I think it would be good to have some understand of lighting important nce👍🇬🇳

Not sure what you mean but....

EC depends on the stage of the plant and how much it wants.

pH depends on the medium, whether soil, coco, or a full DWC hydro setup. I run coco coir and keep the pH between 5.8 and 6.2 start to finish.
Sorry I will re phrase..fkn ossis.....I'm in coco perlite also.Current grow at 20 days NL#4
Do you prefer to feed your plants based on bottle , your own idea of ppms u think it needs or do you do what I have started to do,EC in .2 increments up to 1.6

Do u use any amendments?
Rock dust etc.

Attachments

• IMG20230424063048.jpg
    IMG20230424063048.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
Ah! I understand now. Yes, I feed to runoff and base my nute increase on the runoff EC. If I input 0.8 and runoff is 0.6 I increase the strength. If I input 1.0 and runoff is 1.2 then I reduce strength. I try not to let it be more than 0.5 difference.

Also always water to runoff, 20% is a decent guideline. If I input 1000ml I expect at least 200ml out. If not then I increase volume.

Balance input strength and volume compared to runoff strength and volume.

I use the Jacks 3-2-1 nutrients with RO water and the only amendment other than that is silica. Maintain pH at 5.8-6.2

Ah! I understand now. Yes, I feed to runoff and base my nute increase on the runoff EC. If I input 0.8 and runoff is 0.6 I increase the strength. If I input 1.0 and runoff is 1.2 then I reduce strength. I try not to let it be more than 0.5 difference.

Also always water to runoff, 20% is a decent guideline. If I input 1000ml I expect at least 200ml out. If not then I increase volume.

Balance input strength and volume compared to runoff strength and volume.

I use the Jacks 3-2-1 nutrients with RO water and the only amendment other than that is silica. Maintain pH at 5.8-6.2
No wuckers mate

I use GP Dual Fuel
GP Massive for flower
Dr Greenthumb powdered amendments are awesome.
I'm only feeding 300 MLS ATM but I have never worried about runoff ever , is it that important?
pH 5.9 gospel but rock dust and cal mag powdered push up medium pH so they say,I'm doing ok....

Cheers for good thoughts 👍🇬🇳✌️

Back