New grower info/Grow diary, 6weeks into grow

Reaction score
Ive been reading a lot of forums on this sight(plus some other sights but this is my fav) for the past 3 months or so but have never posted. Im a first time grower but im 6 weeks into my first grow. Im going to be using this thread as a list of my knowledge and any problems I run into to help anyone later looking for some info. My first grow has been a complete learning curve, the grow has tons of variables I will explain later. I believe my next grow will be even more successful as I continue to grow my knowledge and limit the amount of errors I make. PLEASE add criticism or more knowledge below!

Indoor grow setup
20''x36''63 indoor tent
4'' inline fan ducted out the window
6'' clip fan on low
Hydrometer
5gal fiber pots
Medium- 50%Espoma Organic potting mix, 25%worm castings, 25% perlite
Lights- 300w LED Viperspectra 'full spectrum', 300w LED(no brand, came with tent kit), 150w UFO LED Red 660nm
Light schedule- 20/4
Nutes- Kelp concentrate, cal-mag, Flower fuel, Homemade banana tea
PH water between 6.3-6.6, I try to keep it at 6.5 but not always perfect
Watering plants when the pot feels light, I also poked a hole in the bottom of the pots to feel the soil
The 4 in ducting pulls air of of the top of the tent and I have the lower vents open on the tent for new air to come in through

Plants
All seeds are from Seedsupreme
All plants were also transplanted at 1 week old
RH has been kept 45%-65% (now lowering for flowering)
6 weeks ago I popped up an auto fem Girl Scout cookies, GG#4 which I nicknamed Thin mint and Harambe :hump:
3 weeks ago I popped up an auto fem 00 Cheese named Lil Provolone
-I wanted some variation in my grow to test and see what were the best growing conditions, to see if LST worked, if topping an auto was as bad as the forums said, and if defoliating is harmful.

All of my plants have been healthy through out there veg state, I understand autos need 1/4-1/2 amount of Nutes as the packaging recommends, so I didn't feed plants until they were 3-4 weeks old.
I started LST at 3 weeks old (just started Lil Provolone)
At 3 weeks old I topped Thin Mint very carefully, this stunted her growth for about 2-3 days
At 4 weeks old Harambe started to show pistols first and then Thin Mint
at 5 weeks old I took thin mint and defoliated the lower parts to get some air to be able to flow- no signals of stress
Now at 6 weeks both plants are full of pistols and bud sights are all over.
Today (6 weeks old) im going to start feeding 1/4-1/2 dose of Flower Fuel every other watering.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thin Mint is kind of the experimental plant, I Topped, trimmed, LST and stressed her more than, Harambe which is more of my control that I've just bent the main stem over and LST other branches.

So far Thin Mint is the tallest with the most filled/even canopy! And she's the one that got topped!
Harambe is still big but doesn't have as even of canopy
Over the course of this grow so far Ive had minimal brown spots on leaves and deficiencies, just added cal-mag and a little kelp if they were droopy on the watering day.

Where I know I messed up----------------------------------------------------
- I know now that I shouldn't transplant, just start the seed in the finishing pot.
-I didn't have PH up/down until they were 3 weeks old, I tested my home tap water and it is ph8.3.... so they got ph8 water for almost a month... Harambe was a very dark green until I started balancing the water now it lightened up
-I didn't fill the pots all the way with dirt so the bottom part of the plant doesn't get enough light(too late now)
-I should have used FFOF or BioBizz (please give opinion on what ones better!!) #broscience :funny:
-Some of the small sugar leave curl but I think I just had the fan directly on them for too long
-I also understand that GG#4 and GSC Autoflowering are no where near the same as photos, I didn't know that at the time of purchase..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will post pictures later today!
Wow Quarantine is is boring and this little grow takes up a lot of my time taking care of them and reading about grows :wizzy:
Thank you to everyone reading and everyone that has some good info to add!

Last edited:
Buds are really starting to fatten up :woohoo:just a little update been feeding 1/4-1/2 dose Flower Fuel 1-34-32 NPK ever other watering, PH still 6.5 but my run off is 7.3... seems a little too high just done know how to lower it. Also started some tomatoes and peppers for the outdoor garden a few weeks ago, has anyone else done this? Can tomatoes or peppers pollenate pot??? Im really thinkin going to get over an ounce off ThinMint (Left)Cheese, (middle)Thin Mint, (right)Harambe

1588119831612.jpeg

Its very crowded in my tent but hopefully the weather will stay up soon here in the midwest and the veggies can stay outside

ThinMint (GSC):
1588120055455.jpeg

1588120167017.jpeg

Harambe(GG#4):
1588120235096.jpeg

1588120291214.jpeg

Above post plants are about 7 weeks old

You’ll love Girl Scout Cookies. Here’s a pic of her at Day 83 and will be chopped tomorrow or Friday

Jackson

Attachments

• A6E55933-0A1B-4C38-AE20-000F64C47185.jpeg
    A6E55933-0A1B-4C38-AE20-000F64C47185.jpeg
    621.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 199CA67B-013B-4F98-8B15-3405D508CD9B.jpeg
    199CA67B-013B-4F98-8B15-3405D508CD9B.jpeg
    601 KB · Views: 72
Buds are really starting to fatten up :woohoo:just a little update been feeding 1/4-1/2 dose Flower Fuel 1-34-32 NPK ever other watering, PH still 6.5 but my run off is 7.3... seems a little too high just done know how to lower it. Also started some tomatoes and peppers for the outdoor garden a few weeks ago, has anyone else done this? Can tomatoes or peppers pollenate pot??? Im really thinkin going to get over an ounce off ThinMint (Left)Cheese, (middle)Thin Mint, (right)Harambe

View attachment 1184456

Its very crowded in my tent but hopefully the weather will stay up soon here in the midwest and the veggies can stay outside

ThinMint (GSC):
View attachment 1184457

View attachment 1184462

Harambe(GG#4):
View attachment 1184464
View attachment 1184465

what part o' the midwest-? me in mizery...er, i mean missouri :rolleyes2: :smoking: ppp

Wow those are frosty @Jackson I hope my buds fatten up like that, being home all day during quarantine Its really watching grass grow haha

@420Forever up in Illinois, use to vacation at the Ozarks all the time as a kid though :)

Some brown spots started appearing on the leaves so I plucked them. The soil over the grow has settled a lot and the roots were starting to show and I didn't have any other soil so I just used Outdoor top soil with 50% perlite :/ hopefully this doesn't mess them up.

Back