Northeast Strains?

seminolesfs7

New User
Reaction score
Hey AFN,

Looking to do an outdoor grow in the Northeast, USA Latitude 43.5. Does anyone have any recommendations on Strains that would work? I've used ILGM seeds before under their Continental Climate recommendations for the northeast but looking to try something new. Thanks again for any advice.

Not all areas at a given latitude have the same growing season. So basically you may have 90-120 days from last frost to first frost? Can you start your plants indoors? When does the rain start in the fall? We have a Vendor her that sells a product that works well to inhibit mold and bud rot called Phyter that can help with wet season showing up early or extend your season a bit?

As far as strains go maybe @Waira can help you with that question.

This is what seedfinder.eu says for 43.5n 79.0w

2023-04-02_23-25-43.png

Only coming into my second outdoor season but… https://www.maineclonecompany.com/strains/
Look into the 20/20 gear from maine clone company @Twenty20 Adam was it Smell of Success I think you mentioned last year? Hoping to snag myself a clone soon for my greenhouse
Honestly all the locals who only grow photos outdoors once a year have shitty fluffy weed that was pulled too early from what I’ve seen:crying: Genetics matter
Best outdoors I’ve seen locally were the autos that finished mid/late summer. So maybe run both for safety it is nature after all
This would be in my cart if I wasn’t flush with genetics already.
I am trying to finish my outdoor autos by the end of July to avoid humidity I saw in august last year and hope to run that smell of success as my first outdoor photo:pass:

Hey AFN,

Looking to do an outdoor grow in the Northeast, USA Latitude 43.5. Does anyone have any recommendations on Strains that would work? I've used ILGM seeds before under their Continental Climate recommendations for the northeast but looking to try something new. Thanks again for any advice.
More details would help about your weather specifics, as ManO' mentioned...
There are a variety of Fast Versions out there from several good breeders like Sweet, Delicious, Dutch Passion, Seed Stockers...
Note that "fast" is relative to what the regular parent is like! Some FV's are still 7-8 weeks bloom...
The main hitch is how soon and readily they trigger blooming, and what you finishing weather is like.

From Sweet, the Green Poison F1FV is a tire smoker, mine finish bloom in under 6 weeks, trigger mid-August. The Red Mandarine F1FV started even sooner, just as fast in bloom too...
I should qualify this by mentioning that I start on the late side, early-mid June and grow in smaller volume pots, 7-10gal. This keeps them smaller, and speeds blooming up sooner/faster to a degree....
My first FV was the GPF1FV, sent by mistake... I said f'-it, let's try just to see! Started in 1st week of Aug, finished 3rd week of Oct. :hothot:
Not a big plant, petite but sweet! Only my 2nd year growing too...

Alternatively, you may consider some longer cycle autoflowers. I don't run many auto's OD's, I do them in tents mainly, but I know Twenty20mendo has several auto's that fit the bill for solid OD performance and high quality genetics- :thumbsup:
A Canadian mate grew a superb Muchacha last year, handled the weather with aplomb!
They do have some very fast regular photo's too, so look them up. Sour Strawburied and Humboldt Afghani heirloom come to mind... Both of there are gonna get run by me this year!

Lastly, I recommend an excellent product called RotBlock. It's a biological agent that helps fight off bud rot and mildew. Tried and true tested here by me and others, they do have a section here so you can read up. RotBlock.ca is the website for non-commercial product ordering. it's already used widely in the Ag industry... This stuff really works! I won't grow without it, nothing is rot-proof and botrytis can rat-fuck you badly in the last week or so before harvest so anything that helps = :greenthumb:....applied as a foliar spray throughout the whole life to keep inoculating new surfaces as they grow/bloom...

I'm at 44 deg latitude in the northeast. Been growing several strains from Sweet (fast versions) and usually crop beginning to mid September. Currently running Green Poison and Tropicana Punch from them as well as Grandpa's Stash, Sour Kush, MOB, and a late strain Fruit Punch.
Have had good luck with Sweet seeds fast versions. Currently everything outdoors is over 7 foot tall and the fast versions are starting to throw hairs.

Back