outdoor anomalies, should I be worried?

Humanrob

Perpetual Beginner
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
DIY - CBD:THC Edibles
I have a couple of odd things in the outdoor that I've never seen before, just wondering if they are known issues, or maybe non-issues...

The first is my Mango Smile, about 25% of the leaves have turned sideways. The plants seems otherwise OK.

07.22.21_ms-twisted-leaves.jpg

Second is just the odd looking bud development on my Glueberry OG. The first picture is its propensity for calyx heavy buds, not average, but maybe not a problem. The second picture shows bud leaf development that looks to me like when I had a plant go back into veg and then try to flower again (that was a photo, these are autos, I don't think it had time to do that...). Might just be an ugly plant that ends out smoking fine, but I am curious if anyone has any thoughts on that one.

07.22.21_gb-bud-top.jpg

07.22.21_gb-huh.jpg

Leaves turned away from the sun are just slowing down transpiration to conserve water. The bud looks like too much nitrogen.
Thank you for the reply!

I learn new things here all the time, it's awesome. I suppose there's no cure for too much nitrogen...?

Thank you for the reply!

I learn new things here all the time, it's awesome. I suppose there's no cure for too much nitrogen...?
Just be sure to add the minimum in your feed formula. If you are in an organic pot don't use any recharge. for a while. Keep your watering consistent. Think about it like taking your foot off the gas and let her use the energy she has.

Just be sure to add the minimum in your feed formula. If you are in an organic pot don't use any recharge. for a while. Keep your watering consistent. Think about it like taking your foot off the gas and let her use the energy she has.
Excellent -- thanks again :cheers:

Dumb noob question: What are calyx heavy buds? Too many or too fat? I’m not sure what I’m looking for here.
Thanks.

Dumb noob question: What are calyx heavy buds? Too many or too fat? I’m not sure what I’m looking for here.
Thanks.
Usually there are a mix of calyxes and leaves making up the bud, this plant seemed to me to have a cluster of calyxes with few or no leaves mixed in. The only time I've seen something like that was after a plant was pollinated, but I'm pretty sure this one hasn't been. It just seemed odd, but not necessarily a problem, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Probably my dumb question, not yours.

We've had no rain and the humidity has been pretty low, but I still lost the two main Glueberry colas to bud rot. It's a shame. Lost one of my Cinderella Jack buds, and one on my HubbaBubbaHaze also (so far...). I must be doing something wrong, I've gotten bud rot in the past with photos that ran into fall rain, but switched to autos a few years ago because our summers are warm and dry so there hasn't been a problem as long as I finish before the end of August.

08.01.21_gb-budrot2.jpg08.01.21_gb-budrot1.jpg08.01.21_gb-budrot3.jpg

Is it possible that over-feeding and overwatering late in the grow could have caused or contributed to these issues -- mold, and late onset new pistils/growth? Or is mold only about airflow and humidity?

I had high hopes from this summer's grow, if it's going to come with lessons, I hope to at least learn them. :thumbsup:

:shrug:

:toke:

Thank you for the reply!

What are you using for nutrients? And specifically nitrogen?

Back