Live Stoners Plant Dry Questions

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Hey everyone

I have some questions regarding how I am drying my plants if anyone has the experience to answer them.

Typically I hang my plants from the base. I cut the plant and hang it whole. Humidity on my first day of dry was perfect how I wanted it (60%). My temp was around 16c which was perfect also. But as the days have went on (third day of drying), the humidity is getting higher. 61-64%.

I have a 6” AC infinity and even when I turn it on full blast, it still barely budged the humidity levels or heat it seems. Usually it does. It’s rainy here and humid, so I’m assuming this is why it’s happening.

I was worried and cut the plant into branches and hung them up which I didn’t want to do. I wanted a real slow dry but was concerned about mold.

I don’t own a good dehumidifier, just a portable one and it does nothing. Lol. I also don’t own an AC.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can approach this? My other Method is to run a dry heater that quickly ramps up the temps which is not what I want, but it will dry up my closet a bit. But it doesn’t last too long.

The only other thing I can think of Is to go back in (this may affect the humidity even more), and take off x amount of sugar leafs to dry and bring the humidity down. But I don’t feel too comfortable continuously chopping in case I get a hay smell

I see that this is a few days old but.... When you say you hang the plant whole do you remove most of the large fan leaves first?

You are hanging them in a closet/tent? What is the "outside" humidity? I think you already know you won't be able to "dry" below the ambient RH.

I would expect the RH% to increase the first couple days as the moisture moves out of the plant. As long as there is air movement inside I wouldn't worry too much unless it start going way over ambient RH. Small fan gently moving air and the extractor fan on should be enough.

There’s something to the brown bag method. I think that is; it slows down environmental changes. So, little spikes in temp and humidity are moderated. It seems to work well.

If you have some constant ventilation, air movement, throughout the hanging plants this rather normal air humidity shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that the 'relative humidity' inside the fresh buds is effectively way higher than the 61-64% rH you cite. With some air moving, your buds surfaces will still dry at higher normal humidity levels. ]But get other input].

I and surely others often hang harvested plants inside the same tent that has been shifted over to high(er) humidity for sprouting and early veg. I've never had any problem.

Back