Please help. Something is not right

Desert King

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Day 82 everything has been going well until a week ago. I am first time grower and used miracle grow and will never do that again. Im about 4.5 weeks of flowering and things are getting crispy. I use tap water that sits for about 3 days. Water every 3-4 days. Always ph at 6.3 6-4. Use 3 teaspoons of big bloom 2 teaspoons of tiger bloom and 1 teaspoon of calmag. watered till runoff. 3 100watt leds about 2 feet above canopy. 74f-79f in tent. 2 small fans 40% to 50% humidity. Getting worse by the day. also all plants (6) have these single leaves at the top that do not appear to be normal leaves. Some of the sugar leaves are turning dark and crispy and some are yellowing at the tips.
20220522_000728.jpg
20220522_000706.jpg
20220522_000702.jpg
Is it the miracle grow maybe? Please help this has been a long labor of love and I do not want to lose them.

what miracle grow?.. some has time release fertilizer in it.

What is the EC or TDS of your nutrient mix?

from what i have read today, looks like my "autoflowers" are reveging. after I had to go 12/12 to get them to begin flowering i went back to 24/7 and now Im not sure what I have except 83 days of wasted everything. Mad. We will see what the seed dude says. Definately not autos

As someone who uses FFOF and the FF trio line I would guess that you are going way too heavy on the nutes. If I'm reading right you are at 15ml of grow big, 10ml of tiger bloom and 5ml of CalMag everytime?

Based on how I feed you are giving it way too much. For comparison I only use one 5ml/gal dose of grow big to finish out veg or until the end of the stretch which is usually around week 4 or 5. Up till the it's water only. That may be a tad different for you depending on your medium. Soil doesn't need nearly as much as coco.
And then I use 5ml/gal of tiger bloom after that every other watering and I make sure to water till 20% runoff to avoid salt build up. Always pH to 6.4-6.6, which looks like you have down. I would get pH pen storage solution and calibration solutions so you know your pH pen is correct if you haven't already. Did a whole grow with a messed up pH pen and couldn't figure out the problem.

I always water in between feeds and I add nutrients to my regular water mix which consists of:
RO water
50ppm of calimagic
1/8 tblspsn of yucca per 5 gallons

That's what they get every time, on feeds I just add whatever I'm giving them and pH it again.

If I had to guess all of the nutrients it's been getting caused it to stress and re-veg. Mind you I only grow autos so the info above won't apply to photos at all.

As someone who uses FFOF and the FF trio line I would guess that you are going way too heavy on the nutes. If I'm reading right you are at 15ml of grow big, 10ml of tiger bloom and 5ml of CalMag everytime?

Based on how I feed you are giving it way too much. For comparison I only use one 5ml/gal dose of grow big to finish out veg or until the end of the stretch which is usually around week 4 or 5. Up till the it's water only. That may be a tad different for you depending on your medium. Soil doesn't need nearly as much as coco.
And then I use 5ml/gal of tiger bloom after that every other watering and I make sure to water till 20% runoff to avoid salt build up. Always pH to 6.4-6.6, which looks like you have down. I would get pH pen storage solution and calibration solutions so you know your pH pen is correct if you haven't already. Did a whole grow with a messed up pH pen and couldn't figure out the problem.

I always water in between feeds and I add nutrients to my regular water mix which consists of:
RO water
50ppm of calimagic
1/8 tblspsn of yucca per 5 gallons

That's what they get every time, on feeds I just add whatever I'm giving them and pH it again.

If I had to guess all of the nutrients it's been getting caused it to stress and re-veg. Mind you I only grow autos so the info above won't apply to photos at all.
I didnt have any problems until my timer was somehow turned off and it was at 24/7 with the lights about 12 days ago. I at that point just left it that way as i have heard that autos would take 24/7 light. I think the seed dude gave me the wrong seeds. At day 54 I had to switch to 12/12 to begin flowering. Your correct on the additives. I was definitely using too much. I guess I should get rid of them at this point

I didnt have any problems until my timer was somehow turned off and it was at 24/7 with the lights about 12 days ago. I at that point just left it that way as i have heard that autos would take 24/7 light. I think the seed dude gave me the wrong seeds. At day 54 I had to switch to 12/12 to begin flowering. Your correct on the additives. I was definitely using too much. I guess I should get rid of them at this point
Just saying... it happens. I bought six strains recently. 1 feminized, 5 fem autos. All of the autos refused to bloom under 18/6 light and the feminized bloomed promptly at 7 weeks. Completely the opposite of expectations.

Just saying... it happens. I bought six strains recently. 1 feminized, 5 fem autos. All of the autos refused to bloom under 18/6 light and the feminized bloomed promptly at 7 weeks. Completely the opposite of expectations.
I have yet to have any issues with my Autos. I think it really just starts with where you buy them and the genetics.

Seems some companies like to cross a photo with an auto as an F1 and call it an auto when it takes a few generations to nail down that correctly. I purchase most of my seeds from Mephisto, night Owl, atlas seeds, Dutch Passion, twenty20, fastbuds , twisted Tree, gnome Automatics, and sweet seeds.

Good genetics will do most of the work for you and help buffer any mistakes you make. Unstable crosses seem to run into more issues from what I've seen. Can't speak through personal experience just my own research.

Last edited:
You can keep them you just have to use a lot less. You might be able to get by without the grow big if your soil is hot enough but you will need some type of bloom Nute for flowering. I'm considering switching to dry amendments as you only have to top dress and give it ph'd water but I've had really good success with the tiger bloom when it's used properly.

Back