Grow Mediums Simple autopot plan

jdsworld

Auto Warrior
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Here is easy and simple plan for autopot run.

1. buy autopot system..4 to 6 pots
2. you do not need the domes imo
3. put black n gold discs at bottom of autopot to prevent roots going into tray
4. fill up pot with coco coir

now..i root my seeds inside a small rooting dome in little pellets. doesnt really matter how you do it. but when you have a fully sprouted seedling with beginning leaves, i transplant it directly to the final autopot filled with coco coir. make the area damp around the seed. repeat this for a few days.

keep autopot system turned off for first 20 days or so. you will be hand watering now and should only have to do so like once every 4 days or so..

once plants are at least 2 to 2.5 weeks old..14 to 20 days, you now stop watering from the top and turn on the autopot system. fill up the holding tank at least halfway to 3/4 of the way and start off with half strength solution building up to full strength over next cpl weeks. now you should only have to fill the tank once a week to 2 weeks and check in on the plants. apart from doing some leaf tuckin the plants and the system will do the rest. if you really want to do your plants well you can now do some low stress training and tie branches down to spread them out. i usually instead use a net which i place above the pots and then weave the plant thru it as i see fit.

key to using the system is not to panic if you start to see one plant suffering a bit. sometimes in this system the nutrient amount will be just right for 3 of the plants but off for the 4th. do not mess with your system or the nutrient amount. just let the 4th struggle a bit until it rebounds, they almost always do and overall harvest is still gonna be amazing. but people try to change thigns here then they see problems with all 4 plants. most people struggle with autopot system cuz they turn the system on too early..plants arent ready to be that wet until they are almost 3 weeks old. they simply cant uptake enough water before that and the roots get drowned otherwise.

autopots are some of the easiest ways to grow..combine it with a camera and wifi plugs and you can turn off and on lights and fans at will without even having to be anywhere near the grow room. once you change to autopots and get used to it, it will be very hard to go back to hand watering. alternatively you can use electric plugin watering systems too, but i quite like that this is quiet and works on gravity alone. as long as you clean everything good between grows, you really shouldn't have any issues with the system overall.

hope this helps.

Here is easy and simple plan for autopot run.

1. buy autopot system..4 to 6 pots
2. you do not need the domes imo
3. put black n gold discs at bottom of autopot to prevent roots going into tray
4. fill up pot with coco coir

now..i root my seeds inside a small rooting dome in little pellets. doesnt really matter how you do it. but when you have a fully sprouted seedling with beginning leaves, i transplant it directly to the final autopot filled with coco coir. make the area damp around the seed. repeat this for a few days.

keep autopot system turned off for first 20 days or so. you will be hand watering now and should only have to do so like once every 4 days or so..

once plants are at least 2 to 2.5 weeks old..14 to 20 days, you now stop watering from the top and turn on the autopot system. fill up the holding tank at least halfway to 3/4 of the way and start off with half strength solution building up to full strength over next cpl weeks. now you should only have to fill the tank once a week to 2 weeks and check in on the plants. apart from doing some leaf tuckin the plants and the system will do the rest. if you really want to do your plants well you can now do some low stress training and tie branches down to spread them out. i usually instead use a net which i place above the pots and then weave the plant thru it as i see fit.

key to using the system is not to panic if you start to see one plant suffering a bit. sometimes in this system the nutrient amount will be just right for 3 of the plants but off for the 4th. do not mess with your system or the nutrient amount. just let the 4th struggle a bit until it rebounds, they almost always do and overall harvest is still gonna be amazing. but people try to change thigns here then they see problems with all 4 plants. most people struggle with autopot system cuz they turn the system on too early..plants arent ready to be that wet until they are almost 3 weeks old. they simply cant uptake enough water before that and the roots get drowned otherwise.

autopots are some of the easiest ways to grow..combine it with a camera and wifi plugs and you can turn off and on lights and fans at will without even having to be anywhere near the grow room. once you change to autopots and get used to it, it will be very hard to go back to hand watering. alternatively you can use electric plugin watering systems too, but i quite like that this is quiet and works on gravity alone. as long as you clean everything good between grows, you really shouldn't have any issues with the system overall.

hope this helps.
my only thing I can add is say you have 1 plants that's showing lockout and the other 3 aren't I remove that from the res and put it over a bucket or in my bath and put about 6 litres of weaker feed never just water and then I top feed that plant for a few days maybe a week to run off till she looks back on track and then she goes back on the res also ccoc works just great but I use coco/clay pebble mix I buy that pre bagged

my only thing I can add is say you have 1 plants that's showing lockout and the other 3 aren't I remove that from the res and put it over a bucket or in my bath and put about 6 litres of weaker feed never just water and then I top feed that plant for a few days maybe a week to run off till she looks back on track and then she goes back on the res also ccoc works just great but I use coco/clay pebble mix I buy that pre bagged
yeah this is good advice..can also take that plant off the system and cap that end and leave it by itself and give it individual attention. i'm just trying to emphasize that overall if you just leave the system and your mixture and ph is on point which is where the focus should be, then the plants will mostly grow themselves.

where people run into problems is they turn the system on way too early then they are battling issues from behind from early on. also people trying to adjust things too much everytime they see something even slightly off...

additional reccomendation is to pretty much feed your plants mixture until almost the very end..i do not flush. what i do is cut down the strength down towards the very end..

also noticed with autopots and autos that if you leave the bottom buds for few days to week or so on after taking the top buds, they will go thru a last second growth spurt and increase your yield a decent amount

also noticed with autopots and autos that if you leave the bottom buds for few days to week or so on after taking the top buds, they will go thru a last second growth spurt and increase your yield a decent amount
I've grown in them since early 2017 and I agree with everything you say plus I don't put mine on the res till my plants are really established but i was always told once your leaves reach the edge of your pots

My autopot method:

Follow the advice of @St. Tom and @Bill.de.Cat plus others. But in all seriousness your plan is solid. I am running living soil water only but otherwise basically the same. Still figuring this program out.
:pass:

The community here has been of great help. Soil and clay pebbles on the bottom. A couple weeks into second grow. Fast buds Gorilla Zkittlez
4C8FA18B-27E8-48D4-BF88-A6F1471B2702.jpeg

Back