Slight Burnt Tips

seminolesfs7

New User
Reaction score
Good Afternoon AFN,
First grow slightly burnt tips.

Problem: was doing a quick look over the plants before I watered them and noticed the very tips of a couple leaves yellowing on new growth.
-Medium/grow method: soil - Black Gold Natural and Organic Potting Soil in 3 gal fabric pots
-Feed and supplements used: GH Flora Trio Series. Micro Gro Bloom approximate NPK 5.5-4-7.5 fed on Feb 17th to 5% runoff
-Water source: Tap water left out for a day before mixing in nutrients and pH balancing to 6.35pH
-Strain and age - ILGM Wedding Cake Autos 4 weeks old
-Climate: Day 72-78F 50-55% RH. Night 68-72F 55-60% RH
- Light used: 400W LED 14/8 450 PPFD
-Additional info: Slow onset of the burnt tips just noticed them today. 3 other plants being fed in the same way with no symptoms.

The last picture is a comparison picture for color between a normal colored plant and the one with burnt tips. The camera makes the plant look darker than it actually is.
Appreciate any insight anyone might have.

20230224_150844.jpg
20230224_150907.jpg
20230224_150949.jpg
20230224_151006.jpg
20230224_151013.jpg
20230224_162006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello its to much N i would say as the non burnt tips are dark green
If the leaves look as dark in person as in those pictures I would agree but they're lighter green than it seems. I added a picture for comparison to another plant. appreciate you taking a look though

@seminolesfs7 :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: Too much fertilizer. You are on the verge of N toxicity but not! Just PHed water for a week or two until the new growth starts to lighten up in color a bit. Do not do anything else just let them grow out of it.

:toke:

@seminolesfs7 :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: Too much fertilizer. You are on the verge of N toxicity but not! Just PHed water for a week or two until the new growth starts to lighten up in color a bit. Do not do anything else just let them grow out of it.

:toke:
and here I thought I was going light on the nutrients appreciate everyone's help.

and here I thought I was going light on the nutrients appreciate everyone's help.
Symptoms can show either way a lot of new growers see yellowing and immediately assume deficiency, I know I did. A lot of times it seems like people over feed, over feeding can almost be worse because it takes longer to show signs but once its done and starts showing you're well into toxicity. The dark green is the first sign of excessive nitrogen. Having too much of a nutrient can also lock out other nutrients, sort of like a ph lockout but the only way to fix it is to try and rebalance the nutes in the rootzone which is really hard with out a tissue analysis.

Like mog said no more nutes for 2 weeks, PhD water only. Then start back on a feed, water, water schedule at 1/2 or 1/3 recommended strength.. shell be fine..

Back