Mephisto Genetics Some General Questions: Stretch and Flowering

soilz

New User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Newb here. Fresh off the rail with brand spanking new sneaks, mom packed me a nutritious lunch and now I am here to learn from the big boys.

Jokes aside, I have been lurking AFN for a while (...when I have the time) and recently decided to member up. I am an old fool from the old school and have decided, based primarily on the grows I've seen here on AFN, that the meph crew has developed some amazing autoflowering genetics. Don't get me wrong, I will always love photoperiods but autos are very intriguing to me as it seems to be the next "stage" of anthropogenically induced cannabis modification (or maybe its the cannabis that is modifying us??) More than a few of you on here grow some outstanding looking ladies and this leads me to believe this forum is stacked with skill/experience and the best place to ask questions.

If anyone has the time or interest, feel free to chime in. It will be much appreciated!

These questions are geared toward Mephisto Genetics only and not autos in general and come from the perspective of someone who understands soils much better than horticulture (and cannabis in general) so please forgive any apparent lack of insight on my end.

1) Assuming good plant health, in which week do you usually see the first signs of flowering? I suppose a clear definition of "flowering" is needed: Pistils extruded from calyxes visible with the naked eye.

2) Does there seem to be a clear division between when certain lineages begin to flower? As an example, do you see clear differences between larger varieties like ROG, SODK vs.smaller varieties Forgotten Strawberries, etc.?

3) As above, in general, when does the stretch begin and end? Do you see differences between varieties? Estimate a percentage of stretch in terms of overall plant height?

I have many more questions I would love to ask but I will save some for another day.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to school an old dog, and if you pass on by, thanks for taking the time to read.

Hi Guys,

Newb here. Fresh off the rail with brand spanking new sneaks, mom packed me a nutritious lunch and now I am here to learn from the big boys.

Jokes aside, I have been lurking AFN for a while (...when I have the time) and recently decided to member up. I am an old fool from the old school and have decided, based primarily on the grows I've seen here on AFN, that the meph crew has developed some amazing autoflowering genetics. Don't get me wrong, I will always love photoperiods but autos are very intriguing to me as it seems to be the next "stage" of anthropogenically induced cannabis modification (or maybe its the cannabis that is modifying us??) More than a few of you on here grow some outstanding looking ladies and this leads me to believe this forum is stacked with skill/experience and the best place to ask questions.

If anyone has the time or interest, feel free to chime in. It will be much appreciated!

These questions are geared toward Mephisto Genetics only and not autos in general and come from the perspective of someone who understands soils much better than horticulture (and cannabis in general) so please forgive any apparent lack of insight on my end.

1) Assuming good plant health, in which week do you usually see the first signs of flowering? I suppose a clear definition of "flowering" is needed: Pistils extruded from calyxes visible with the naked eye.

2) Does there seem to be a clear division between when certain lineages begin to flower? As an example, do you see clear differences between larger varieties like ROG, SODK vs.smaller varieties Forgotten Strawberries, etc.?

3) As above, in general, when does the stretch begin and end? Do you see differences between varieties? Estimate a percentage of stretch in terms of overall plant height?

I have many more questions I would love to ask but I will save some for another day.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to school an old dog, and if you pass on by, thanks for taking the time to read.
welcome to afn your right this place is the best freindly helpfull people all around il try help you only done a few meph strains so im no pro
1.) most of the meph strains iv seen start to show sex anywhere from day 15 to 30 and you will see flowering shortly after this
2.) i would say yes there is a difference between certain strains like you say some of the bigger strains with some sativa lineage will take longer but to be honest i dont think iv seen too any of theres go more than 80 days give or take unlike other companys whos larger autos can go 100 plus days
3.)the stretch useally starts a week or two after the sex has shown and depends on genetics for example the strawberry nugz /sour crack stay small and have little stretch but some of the og crosses and the hubbabubbasmellopscope can get big triple there height from when flowering starts hope this helps somewhat

Welcome @soilz
with regard to flowering, most strains, given a good environment, will usually show sex in the days 15-20. I've got a White Chem at the moment, and as advertised, she was a little later to show sex on day 23. The days 15-20 is pretty much the standard for most Mephisto strains, even the larger ones.
Stretch- I find that days 25-40 are the most active stretch-wise. Depending on the strain, your plant may triple or even quadruple. The bigger strains really go for it, you may get an inch a day in the most active periods.

Back