Some help with drying/curing

So what you’re saying is that because we grow weed we can’t smell it anymore? I just left a dispo, just went in to test my nose and didn’t smell any weed. The weed I checked out smelled like dirt and grass. No dank smell.

I’m just want to know if I’m drying curing right lol. If. I can’t smell weed and my friends are all saying mine smells really good, I can stop stressing so much lol
I don't smell it unless I'm close to it is all. My nose is immune to it in my house. Just used of it

Hi mate

Have u tried using grovebags? I lost virtually all my smell in the brown paper bags or so I thought.

I stored my dried buds in a 4oz grove bag and within a week they are smelling pretty damn citrusy :smoking:

I think these bags could be a life saver

Hi mate

Have u tried using grovebags? I lost virtually all my smell in the brown paper bags or so I thought.

I stored my dried buds in a 4oz grove bag and within a week they are smelling pretty damn citrusy :smoking:

I think these bags could be a life saver
I had a weed smelling party at my house and turns out my weed smells amazing lol. My nose is literally just broke.

I had a weed smelling party at my house and turns out my weed smells amazing lol. My nose is literally just broke.
I have had these concerns in the past also. Your nose definitely gets desensitized or just tunes it out to some degree after so much exposure. I have also done lots of smell tests with friends, and they always say it smells great.

As enthusiastic home growers I think most of us put a lot more care into processing our flowers than commercial growers. I trim my flowers very carefully and try to keep them looking as much like they did on the plant as possible. Since our flowers don’t get as beat up by rough processing, mainly mechanical trimmers, fewer resin glands rupture so less terpenoids percipient off the flowers during drying and curing and early storage. When the trichomes are still mostly intact after curing the terpenoids almost seem sealed inside. The odor is not that loud when I just open a jar, but if I give it a little shake before opening, or pull a bud out and give it a little squeeze it immediately explodes with dank. Anyone else make any of these observations with their cured flowers?

Here is a closeup pic of some Double Grape cured for two months and looking almost as fresh as the day it was picked:
064D8684-6B16-4428-B4E6-27846C57E2C0.jpeg

Hahahahaha I’ve had a friend or two to smell mine in the past tomake sure they could smell it and it wasn’t just me. I think my nose is becoming slightly immune too.

Another thing Im running into. I only smoke out of glass. Bong or pipe or one hitter, whatever it may be. My buds are dry to the touch and smoke really well for me. My joint smoking friends, not so much. They tell me it’s still a little wet. My hygro tells me 62-64 in most jars. Is 58% better for joints?

Another thing Im running into. I only smoke out of glass. Bong or pipe or one hitter, whatever it may be. My buds are dry to the touch and smoke really well for me. My joint smoking friends, not so much. They tell me it’s still a little wet. My hygro tells me 62-64 in most jars. Is 58% better for joints?
60s range is still a tiny bit wet. I like my buds around 60. But yes mate 58% is more dry and people tend to like it best that way for smoking

60s range is still a tiny bit wet. I like my buds around 60. But yes mate 58% is more dry and people tend to like it best that way for smoking
Ok thanks for the reply. To bad a have a huge supply of 62% boveda lol

Ok thanks for the reply. To bad a have a huge supply of 62% boveda lol
I only use the 62% for long term storage, but I always cure flowers to about 60% before I jar them up with a 62% pack. I give the jars a minimum of 24 hours closed with a stable humidity reading of 58-60%. I smoke a joint every night and it rolls and smoke beautifully.

I think you might be getting them in the jar with a 62 a little too soon. Try getting them a little lower and then letting the pack bring it back up to 62%, this can take a couple days, but it always stabilized for me.

I only use the 62% for long term storage, but I always cure flowers to about 60% before I jar them up with a 62% pack. I give the jars a minimum of 24 hours closed with a stable humidity reading of 58-60%. I smoke a joint every night and it rolls and smoke beautifully.

I think you might be getting them in the jar with a 62 a little too soon. Try getting them a little lower and then letting the pack bring it back up to 62%, this can take a couple days, but it always stabilized for me.
You are definitely right. I do jar them pretty wet still with a 62. They still stick together for a day or 2 after I jar them so I have to constantly shake the jar up when I open it for air. I’m still trying to figure things out but seem to be doing better than I was.

Back