Temp and humidity

Reaction score
Hi all, my new grow is on day 9, I’ve attached a pic of my temp and humidity showing high, low and average. Obv temp is dropping during the night as we’re having a bit of a cold spell in Scotland. Are they okay temps and humidity so far? Is the drop in temp going to be a problem? It’s only a degree or 2 give or take over the nighttime hours. I’ve got a tubular heater connected to my inkbird, bit of a mess trying to work it out tbh lol

also, I’ve started up a little fan just to keep air moving but it’smaking my humidity jump and it’s sometimes reaching 73% why is this?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• C1B821C8-A36A-4B3E-9FFF-72909DA123A2.jpeg
    C1B821C8-A36A-4B3E-9FFF-72909DA123A2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 55
  • 8FE6A38B-CC15-4A22-BFAF-5989DB4CA709.png
    8FE6A38B-CC15-4A22-BFAF-5989DB4CA709.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 57
If you check a VPD chart, you'll find yourself right in the middle of the sweet spot (depending on which chart you use). The temp is a little cooler than I like to run ( just a degree or two) but good.

As for the spike in humidity, it will go up and down depending on how the probe is placed, how the plants transpire and even when you water. Just try to keep it stable and don't worry to much and they'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Yeah im trying to keep an eye on it with the VPD chart, I’m trying to tinker with the inkbird, got the WiFi one but apparently it doesn’t support the internet 5G thing or somethin and I got really confused setting it up lol seems to be holding quite well, previous grow had a ceramic heater with thermostat apparently but the temps were all over the place, might try tweak the heat up a bit soon as it’s gonnae get real cold and they’re in a tent in an attic which isn’t insulated unfortunately

A small suggestion that might help, but will be a PITA with everything already in the tent..... If you have the tent sitting on the floor, get a section of foam insulation board and slide it under the tent. Even a thin 1" piece will help a lot. I have my tent in a basement on a concrete slab so it made more difference there. Just an idea.

Keep the fan on and the circulating air will eventually stabilize. If it's jumping most likely the fan is blowing through pockets of stagnant air. I have Inkbird controllers also. I found their numbers to be off and make adjustments based on a couple other meters in the tent. They work great, just not well calibrated even when calibrated.

Depending on where you live and availability, I put a Honeywell Heatbud in my small tent. It only pulls 250W and it can hold the tent in the high 70's F or 25C. It is pretty cheap and it has a safety button on the bottom so if it falls over it shuts off.

A small suggestion that might help, but will be a PITA with everything already in the tent..... If you have the tent sitting on the floor, get a section of foam insulation board and slide it under the tent. Even a thin 1" piece will help a lot. I have my tent in a basement on a concrete slab so it made more difference there. Just an idea.

Keep the fan on and the circulating air will eventually stabilize. If it's jumping most likely the fan is blowing through pockets of stagnant air. I have Inkbird controllers also. I found their numbers to be off and make adjustments based on a couple other meters in the tent. They work great, just not well calibrated even when calibrated.

Depending on where you live and availability, I put a Honeywell Heatbud in my small tent. It only pulls 250W and it can hold the tent in the high 70's F or 25C. It is pretty cheap and it has a safety button on the bottom so if it falls over it shuts off.
Yeah that’s a good idea with the insulation, I was thinking of putting a little blow heater outside blowing toward the tent but it’s just added power and worry about fire lol
Yeah my inkbird readings seem to be off as I’ve got a govee Bluetooth sensor in there for temp and humidity that’s bang on and the inkbird is off by a couple degrees, I’m sticking with it though as the tubular heater seems to be working fine with it, when I used the heater previously it never seemed to stay on as it would just keep heating up then cut off due to temp I’d imagine

I use this chart: www.vpdchart.com

Often during lights out, even with my exhaust on max, I'll need to lower my RH to maintain good VPD levels. To do this, I sometimes use a small space heater like this: https://www.honeywellstore.com/stor...eramic-portable-mini-heater-hce100-series.htm

I play around with it's location: sometimes it's inside the tent, sometimes it's outside pointing toward the intake; sometimes on "high" and sometimes on "low" -- it really depends on ambient conditions that day -- but if you have room to boost your temp a few degrees, it's a good option to marginally lower RH if need be.

As for safety, Honeywell is a trusted brand and it shuts off if it gets knocked over. I treat my tent (which is in my walk-in closet) as a generally dangerous location that requires proper safety measures since I'm dealing with water and electricity. I use an in-line GFCI for all power coming in, have no exposed outlets/plugs/power bars, and I keep a fire extinguisher handy. A space heater near/in your tent is just one more thing to consider in your "safety scheme" so to speak :d5:

Last edited:
I use this chart: www.vpdchart.com

Often during lights out, even with my exhaust on max, I'll need to lower my RH to maintain good VPD levels. To do this, I sometimes use a small space heater like this: https://www.honeywellstore.com/stor...eramic-portable-mini-heater-hce100-series.htm

I play around with it's location: sometimes it's inside the tent, sometimes it's outside pointing toward the intake; sometimes on "high" and sometimes on "low" -- it really depends on ambient conditions that day -- but if you have room to boost your temp a few degrees, it's a good option to marginally lower RH if need be.

As for safety, Honeywell is a trusted brand and it shuts off if it gets knocked over. I treat my tent (which is in my walk-in closet) as a generally dangerous location that requires proper safety measures since I'm dealing with water and electricity. I use an in-line GFCI for all power coming in, have no exposed outlets/plugs/power bars, and I keep a fire extinguisher handy. A space heater near/in your tent is just one more thing to consider in your "safety scheme" so to speak :d5:
Yeah my set up is in the attic, I regularly check my temp sensors for high temps lol I’ve also got a few of they extinguishing balls 1 in tent and couple next to the extension reels just incase but the worry never ends lol

It’s now day 19, I think they’re coming along now. I’ve topped all 3 and they seem to have taken it well. I’ve developed a couple rust spots on some early leaves as per picture, any advice would be great thanks

Attachments

• FBA9F71C-08DE-4637-B7F7-B4518B74FCBE.jpeg
    FBA9F71C-08DE-4637-B7F7-B4518B74FCBE.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 126D28D8-F39D-4412-BC0F-83550AEFAE7C.jpeg
    126D28D8-F39D-4412-BC0F-83550AEFAE7C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 604443C8-E4BC-4B20-86CF-6BD56A146A4F.jpeg
    604443C8-E4BC-4B20-86CF-6BD56A146A4F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
  • A60BE121-91ED-4A67-A1DB-1BAE95909F7B.jpeg
    A60BE121-91ED-4A67-A1DB-1BAE95909F7B.jpeg