Mephisto Genetics The Mephisto Genetics Project Thread!

mephisto

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting this up and running, But this is the thread we plan to document the New AF crosses we are working on in.

It may be sporadic at first, until strains are at the stage where they deserve a thread of their own, but for now I will run you through the (increasing list) of what we are up to AF wise.

Some background info:

Whilst in the U.K we had access to some elite cuttings from both sides of the pond (some of which we brought over with us to Spain to work with) , others can always be acquired again should we need them.

The main problem whilst back at home, was not having the space to work on projects crosses were made but had to be shelved as we wouldn't have had adequate space to run the type of numbers I feel neccesary to really do them justice. As this is now solved , we really have the chance to get our teeth into some. :)

The list will evolve and change over time, depending how the results of growing out each round of seeds goes and dependant of the (hopefully eventual) demand for them.

Our aim here at Mephisto genetics, Is to create the finest possible AF's we can, using carefully selected parent stock. We are aiming to increase Potency, yield, flavour, toughness to name a few :)

We are in no rush or hurry to release anything, just having a lot of fun right now and wish to showcase what we get up to.

Our aim is also to produce something that will be everyone's cup of tea, not easy, but we will do our best.
If anyone has any strain ideas they want to see done, then please chime in, no promises of course, but we have a lot of decent gear at our disposal and i'm pretty much addicted to this process :)

Kind regards Mitch and Tim @ Mephisto Genetics

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-picture257746-banner-mephisto.jpg

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing your new creations. I am hoping I can get some inspiration from you.

Best of luck with all your efforts

*The List*

F1's Currently being made:

1) Triangle kush x GWW

2) O.G Ghost Train haze x GWW(AF)

3) Sour Orange Diesel x OD1(AF)

Project AF's @ F1:

1) Alien OG x OSS(AF)

2) The White x WW(AF)

Project AF's F2's in the making:

1) Sweetooth 1.1 x WW

2) Panama/Deepchunk x LPI

3) Kalishnapple x OSS

4) Strawberryfloss x WW

Project AF's @ F2:

1) Sour Boggle x PI

2) Bubblegum x WW

3) ChemD x OSS

4) Green Crack x LR2

5) The Blues x PI

That will remain enough for us to work through for quite sometime :)
We have had some very nice plants emerge so far.
I will get some pictures and a more detailed run through of each strain as soon as I can, explaining the history, aims and the future plans for each one.

The AF parents used are what I have been working with and on, for quite some time, I wanted to be as familiar as possible with them to be able to spot the very best (and worst) traits and this requires growing in mass and repeatedly with some detailed documentation to aid the process.

any names used at this point are just what we have coined the crosses in our process and are likely subject to change over time. If anyone has any brainwaves for good names we are always open to ideas when the time comes.

A brief Key to the AF parents -
1) WW#1 - A hardy AF developed over several years. Very versatile to grow, it can adapt to many different growing styles and techniques. A nice balance between indica and sativa in both effect and growth characteristics and grown well can have remarkable vigour.
I've always found it to improve and never detract from the crosses I use her in.

2) WW#2 - A more recent re-work of the above strain, has shown promising results here in Spain Outdoor. Is has a tighter frame than the original and also shows an increased resin profile. I had no hesistation in making this a new breeding tool for future work.

3) OSS - A sativa leaning AF that finishes in Relatively quick time, certain phenotypes produce a very large plant. A good breeding tool that with some further work to a photoperiod strain i'm hoping will create some monsters here on the mountain.

4) PI - A very indica strain developed for growing auto's my favourite way in a S.O.G - Very quick cycle time (sprout to harvest) and produces a very high bud to plant ratio with minimal branching when grown in confined pot sizes indoor.

5) LPI - A rework of the above strain, A larger coloured variety that is adaptable and suited to different styles of growing. Can be used to achieve a very high yield in a lower density sea of green, responds very well to training and is a potent strain in it's own right.

Ok so we are on our way now :) I will be adding to this thread constantly as we go along, so please check by often.

Cheers , mitch

*The List*

F1's Currently being made:

1) Triangle kush x GWW

2) O.G Ghost Train haze x GWW(AF)

3) Sour Orange Diesel x OD1(AF)

Project AF's @ F1:

1) Alien OG x OSS(AF)

2) The White x WW(AF)

Project AF's F2's in the making:

1) Sweetooth 1.1 x WW

2) Panama/Deepchunk x LPI

3) Kalishnapple x OSS

4) Strawberryfloss x WW

Project AF's @ F2:

1) Sour Boggle x PI

2) Bubblegum x WW

3) ChemD x OSS

4) Green Crack x LR2

5) The Blues x PI

That will remain enough for us to work through for quite sometime :)
We have had some very nice plants emerge so far.
I will get some pictures and a more detailed run through of each strain as soon as I can, explaining the history, aims and the future plans for each one.

The AF parents used are what I have been working with and on, for quite some time, I wanted to be as familiar as possible with them to be able to spot the very best (and worst) traits and this requires growing in mass and repeatedly with some detailed documentation to aid the process.

any names used at this point are just what we have coined the crosses in our process and are likely subject to change over time. If anyone has any brainwaves for good names we are always open to ideas when the time comes.

A brief Key to the AF parents -
1) WW#1 - A hardy AF developed over several years. Very versatile to grow, it can adapt to many different growing styles and techniques. A nice balance between indica and sativa in both effect and growth characteristics and grown well can have remarkable vigour.
I've always found it to improve and never detract from the crosses I use her in.

2) WW#2 - A more recent re-work of the above strain, has shown promising results here in Spain Outdoor. Is has a tighter frame than the original and also shows an increased resin profile. I had no hesistation in making this a new breeding tool for future work.

3) OSS - A sativa leaning AF that finishes in Relatively quick time, certain phenotypes produce a very large plant. A good breeding tool that with some further work to a photoperiod strain i'm hoping will create some monsters here on the mountain.

4) PI - A very indica strain developed for growing auto's my favourite way in a S.O.G - Very quick cycle time (sprout to harvest) and produces a very high bud to plant ratio with minimal branching when grown in confined pot sizes indoor.

5) LPI - A rework of the above strain, A larger coloured variety that is adaptable and suited to different styles of growing. Can be used to achieve a very high yield in a lower density sea of green, responds very well to training and is a potent strain in it's own right.

Ok so we are on our way now :) I will be adding to this thread constantly as we go along, so please check by often.

Cheers , mitch

Nice mate :smokebuds: I'm sure you can guess which cross caught my eye :smoke: good luck :stylez rasta smoke:

Looking forward to more news, my mouth is watering already. :D:

Plenty of good stuff to keep you guys busy..best of luck..:group:

Hey guys,

I'll start the ball rolling will our first new strain The Sour Bastard (Sour Boggle x P.I ), the F2's of these are currently running. The pictures here are all of the F1 plants.

Background info:
This is the most indica strain in our line-up. The plants when young exhibit very afghanica looking leaves. Fast flowering, stocky, but highly potent plants is the objective.
It will be my strain of choice to run AF-SOG's, minimal branching when roots are restricted, but should you wish to grow them out in lower densities, and allow the roots more space to explore, a good grow and environment should see a bushier and higher yielding plant as an end result.

I made the F1's as a two way cross, Crossing the male sour boggle to the AF, and crossing a male af to my star female cutting.
I passed my sour B cutting out to a few of the UK guys and received very positive results. She is stocky and produces rock hard nugs and has leaves as big as dinner plates if you let her grow as a single cola plant. However unlike a pure Sour bubble, it has great vigour and responds very well to topping and training. The effect is highly medicinal, the buds are completely frosted and in cooler conditions she will purple up. It was also chosen for it's mould resistant qualities.

I used a fine male that was matched in structure to the fem cut, and I had a group of 60 fem P.I plants to choose from. I dusted only two from this selection that had the traits i was seeking.
I kept the batches from both crosses seperate in the hope of getting the best of both to show in the F1 plants.

Here are some images of her. F3 beans going to be made very soon.

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-picture265664-sps-small-2.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-picture265660-sps-2-small.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-picture265661-sps-cola-small.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-picture265662-sps-harvest-small.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-picture265663-sps-small.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-picture265659-sps2-small.jpg

I was really very impressed with the f1's and f2's so far. Exceeding expectations.
The plant produces what I can only describe as proper nuggets of bud. And it is an absolute joy to trim and process.
We trimmed a whole room of a huge variety of plants, and this stuck out for me as the easiest.
High bud per plant ratio, Very high flower to leaf ratio.

Going to do a huge F3 run of these.

Hope you like guys. Peace Mitch

Frosty as hell bro...nice..:smokebuds:

sweet man sounds like some kick ass auto projects :smokebuds: If you dont mind me asking where did you source your Triangle kush cut from thats a local hometown cut thats still pretty closely hoarded around my way .

Back