The most from autos

Very nice. That kilter pretty potent too?
To tell you the truth, I haven't smoked that much of it yet. I had to smoke up an ounce of medical marijuana I was gifted from someone in Arizona first as it was received in 2018, they visited my location and also brought a quantity of various edibles.

It took me until December of last year to finish that along with another ounce I grew in my basement last Winter. Then last Summer I grew so many strains that I'm working my way through. I spent a month eating brownies with different cannaoils I've made and using coconut oil that I used in hot chocolate at night. The brownies and cannaoils are so potent if I ate a two inch square brownie I was flying. A heaping teaspoon of coconut based oil would get me high, a tablespoon in hot cocoa would be hallucinogenic.

Then last week I made ice water hash. Two hits off a pipe with just a tiny bit of Mexican Airlines in the bottom and a sliver of Hash made with Fastbuds Gorilla Glue buds and a small amount of Gooey 13 bud resulted in a very potent hash.

Mexican Airlines is a sativa autoflower from Fastbuds. I use to smoke Mexican weed in the 1970's and even full of seeds would make me trip, Columbian was the same, Hawaiian sativa from 1980 affected me the same. That was the first weed I experienced with no seeds. These indicas I have used now and hybrids just don't do much for me as far as real tripping. They just kind of slow me down, make it easier to sleep.

The other day, I smoked Mexican Airlines and experienced a high just like in the 1970's. Not something I want every day though.

I'm basically working my way through strains I grew. If I don't get a good high smoking, I make a concentrate out of it by making cannaoil or hash. Actually, my tolerance level for smoking a small bowl has probably risen after smoking my hash or eating edibles.

Last year I grew Afterthought Autos Azure Rocket, Blueberry Jar, Kilter, Solar Wind. All regular, not feminized seeds.

Bad Dawg Genetics Gooey 13 photoperiod

Fastbuds: Fastberry, LSD-25, Pineapple Express, Rhino Ryder, Mexican Airlines, Gorilla Glue

Was gifted Purple Trainwreck and Cannatonic medical marijuana. The Purple Trainwreck was an indica dominant hybrid but was more like an old school Mexican or Columbian sativa weed in effects on me when smoked.

Looks like I had 13 different strains, 11 that I grew. Some I've only smoked as flower once. If I don't get expected results I prefer, I make edibles or make it into hash by throwing it into the bucket with some Gooey 13 since I have a pound of that I grew from free tester seeds.

From Fastbuds lineup I grew, I liked the Rhino Ryder (believe it is a White Widow hybrid, Medicine Man strain), Pineapple Express (Hawaiian hybrid?) And the Mexican Airlines for a trippy high.

The Gorilla Glue made great trippy cannaoil. But the GG I used to make it was one I left to continue growing late into the Fall and harvested just before snow fell. I wasn't even going to harvest it. I finally cut an ounce of the best buds off of it and left the rest to just rot. By that time I was tired of trimming and drying anymore weed. I dried it and put it in a paper bag in my basement and forgot it was there until last month. Never jarred it at all as I had no more jars. RH in the house was around 40 and the weed was crusty dry. It made some potent cannaoil. I threw the last 1/2 ounce into my hash buckets and made hash with the last of it. I have several quart jars of properly processed GG buds from an earlier harvest for smoking.

LSD-25 Looks like some great purple bud but it was the harshest smoke I grew. Unfortunately, I have too much of it. I'll likely give that away. Wouldn't buy it again, still have a 5 pack of seeds I believe. Might just grow them and pollinate it with something else for seeds.

Last edited:
Hey thanks everyone for the comments but the conversation is getting away from my initial post.

First time grower i have 6 autoflower my question is should i be trimming the fan leaf off to allow more light to penetrate the smaller buds??

First time grower i have 6 autoflower my question is should i be trimming the fan leaf off to allow more light to penetrate the smaller buds??
I have before, but I have also cut off smaller lower buds to concentrate growth on larger top colas.

Or tuck leaves and bend top limbs down which resulted in the branch laying horizontally and then buds along the branch growing upwards all along the branch within days.

So the most I’ve pulled from a tent of autos was 1.5lbs in a 5x5 using a 600 MH 24/7 lighting in 2 gallon containers. There were 20 of them. Now I’ve got a bunch of 4x4’s with a few 600’s a 1,000 and a CMH 630 watt and also. Marshydro ts 3000. My question is what is the best way to get the biggest yields from these different set ups? All in 4x4’s. I have a grow going now with all Mephisto genetics, 9 all in 3 gallon containers.

Nice yields there.
How to get the biggest yields?
In your 5x5, 25 sq ft, you had 20x2 gal, which is 40 gal, so about 1.7 gal/ sqft.
Bigger root mass leads to bigger bud mass.
So, I'd say find some way to increase the root volume.
Of course, DWC would do that if you wanna go hydro...
But if you have huge volume for roots, you'll also need head-space.
Prob with your 600W, 630W and 1000W HID/ CMH, you'll already have head space.
And also have good penetration.
Scrogging and mono-cropping (just one strain, or better yet, all clones from same mother), will help even out canopy.
Then all the usual things like perfect temps, air flow, air intake, humidity, nutrients, added CO2, etc.
But I'd start from root volume first.
If you went up to 3 gal / sq ft, you just need 75 gal total in 5x5.
How about 10+ plants in 7 gal each? Or 15 plants in 5 gal each? (16 plants is a nice 4x4 array, 80 gal.)
Of course, for short life / fast maturing strains, the big pots only helps up to a certain point...

And heavy yielding strains, of course, chunky indicas, Afghani, Critical, some skunks, some heavy hybrids...

11 liter pots 4 OZ a plant I use my own dwarfing technique, 1 liter pots, until they show sex, the transplant to 11 liter pot (7.5 works just as well)
keep temp stable 24hrs with 24 hour light. The transplant stops stretch as does equal temps with 24 light in coco.
Short stout bub bombs, all meat not bones!
No worrying about inverse square law with an 18" plant.
Big pots are good but check out @St. Tom solo cup grow & 2 liter grow, you can do a lot in a small pot.
Food for thought.
1587139307491.png

1587139359516.png
1587139341946.png

Back