Topping

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
It is OK to top an auto isn't it?

I've never grown ine before but have lots of experience with photoperiods and top every plant.

Shes 16 day old and on her 6th node. Do you think im better leaving her? If so will she go big as I cant have say higher than 1m in the small tent ive got.

I just don't know what to do for the best as she's getting pretty big as it is and I'm just coming on the 7 leaf stage now

Any advice appreciated

Attachments

• 20230301_160310.jpg
    20230301_160310.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
It is OK to top an auto isn't it?

I've never grown ine before but have lots of experience with photoperiods and top every plant.

Shes 16 day old and on her 6th node. Do you think im better leaving her? If so will she go big as I cant have say higher than 1m in the small tent ive got.

I just don't know what to do for the best as she's getting pretty big as it is and I'm just coming on the 7 leaf stage now

Any advice appreciated

I personally don’t like topping above the 5th node prefer to do it at the fourth with auto’s

1677860054586.jpeg

Thanks @Lil Dab that's exactly how my plant is right now, yeah I can go in and gently pull the top and I'll be at node 6 and 5 isnt really out but I had that horrible sinking feeling in my gut as I had the scalpel close to her and ended up bottling it lol

I'm gonna experience a Xmas tree grow and I'll lower the light so any more internodes over the next 2wk are closer together

Thanks @Lil Dab that's exactly how my plant is right now, yeah I can go in and gently pull the top and I'll be at node 6 and 5 isnt really out but I had that horrible sinking feeling in my gut as I had the scalpel close to her and ended up bottling it lol

I'm gonna experience a Xmas tree grow and I'll lower the light so any more internodes over the next 2wk are closer together

I think your good I can only count 5 nodes like you said the 5th is barely out normally around day 21 is when I top.. I think if you give her another day or so then you should be able to get a clean shot at that 5th node… I like to leave as much tail sticking up as possible I’ll see if I can find some pics of what I am talking about later can’t find now and am at work

Back