Treating a nutrient lockout

Duceduck

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I'm dealing with a major nutrient lockout issue and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I was away on vacation for about 2 weeks when all of this started happening. What I thought was probably a deficiency was probably a lockout. It's been a few weeks since but she seems to be getting worse and still has a ways to go. She seemed doomed so I flushed her with 6.2 PH water on 4/10 which brought her PPM down from 1300 to 450. PH wasn't an issue as it was consistently between 6.1-6.2 during the flush. I gave her a light feeding about 3 days after once she was dried out but still haven't shown any improvement. She still light green overall and seems to be pulling from her large fan leaf's. I just ordered some Flora Kleen and was thinking of flushing her again this weekend if she doesn't improve.

4/10- Flushed and brought PPM down to 450
4/13- Light feeding but didn't check run off/PH
1.5ML Cal Mag (per gallon)​
2.5ML Micro (per gallon)​
2ML Gro (per gallon)​
3ML Bloom (per gallon)​
PPM before feeding was 500ish @ 6.2PH​
4/15- Watered until run off with PPM at 1100 and 6.1PH
4/18- Watered until run off with PPM at 775 and 6.2 PH

GH Flora trio in 2 gallon of FFHF
Temp 75 and RH 45
Week 4 of flower on 12/12 (she was suppose to be an auto but never transitioned so I flipped her)

Anything suggestions would be greatly appreciated as the finish line isn't far away but probably too far if she continues this way. From my research, it seems there's too much Potassium locking out Nitrogen and Calcium or a combination of others? I have no clue at this point.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 8A59E293-B299-4120-9034-B8ED3FBE4145.jpeg
    8A59E293-B299-4120-9034-B8ED3FBE4145.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 865FF384-9C59-45B2-922B-DE172D89FE43.jpeg
    865FF384-9C59-45B2-922B-DE172D89FE43.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 90
  • 04E2D529-C078-47B6-B5DA-5C69C07016BD.jpeg
    04E2D529-C078-47B6-B5DA-5C69C07016BD.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hummmmmmm...............

Please fill in this form: (copy and paste part is below, this first one tell what specifically to include)

-Problem: (brief description)
-Medium/grow method: soil; soilless-- coco, or peat based like Promix, etc. (please provide the actual product name); DWC, NFT, etc.
-Feed and supplements used: include brand, dosage/strength, frequency of feeding and watering (alone); method-- by hand, drippers, rercirc' or drain-to-waste,... N-P-K #'s too if you can!
-Water source: RO/DI; tap- dechlorinated-?..... EC or TDS reading; pH (don't bother with this on RO/DI, do bother with TDS/EC though to confirm it's working well enough)
-Strain and age
-Climate: night and day ambient T and RH%; res' temperatures; any extremes in T/RH% exposure
- Light used: HID, LED, COB, combo of,... wattage; light cycle hours (20/4, 18/6 , etc.); distance to tops....
-Additional info: PH in the root zone. How long have the plants been affected?...How fast did symptoms appear?... Anything else you think might be relevant..

--Pictures including WHOLE PLANT PICS, and troubled leaves.. use normal light or flash as other light sources ruin color rendering, critical for diagnostics! Turn off the grow lights.

✂ - - - - - - - - - - -
(copy and paste)-->

Problem:

Medium/grow method:

Feed: and supplements used:

water source:

PH in the root zone:

Strain/age:

light used:

Climate:

Additional info:

Problem: Possible Nute lockout? Yellowing/wilting from the lower fan leaf's and working up

Medium/grow method: 2 gallon Happy Frog

Feed: and supplements used: GH Flora Trio and Cal-Mag

water source: City water sitting a few days

PH in the root zone: 6.2 during runoffs

Strain/age: Growers Choice Seeds Tangerine Dream, Week 4 of flower but week 14 from germ

light used: Mars Hydro TS600

Climate: 75 Temp / 45 RH Lights on and 68 Temp /50 RH Lights Off

Additional info: Possible root bound at this point?

Root bound is not a thing in such a fast growing and maturing plant. We grow them to harvest in Solo Cups here.
_DSC1236.JPG

What is the feed schedule you are following? Do you have feed strength in PPM. What is the PPM of your starting water? You appear to have either an overall lock-out or an overall deficiency. I cannot determine which it might be without specific information about what you have been putting in the pot? FFHF is generally only good for a week or two without feeding balanced nutrients.

You should be able to go online and get a water Quality report from your city. What we are looking for is the hardness section and the sanitation section.

Do you have Kelp and Fulvic acid (or Humic Acid)available for a foliar application?

The city water is about 120 ppm. My schedule per week has been x2 water after every feed. The pot gets light after 2 days. Can’t rule neither of those options out at this point. But she’s deathly sick now. I generally mix about a gallon of nutes at 550 ppm per feed but only give about a liter, have been doing 2 liters recently to get some runoff. She’s been like this for about 4 weeks now and progress my getting worse.

Gave a feeding after lights came on today and will be flushing this weekend as a last ditch effort with some Flore Kleen. Will also be looking for Fulvic acid at some local stores to try and foliar.

Water 125 PPM before Nutes
2.5 ml of Micro per gallon (left out the Gro)
3.3 ml of Bloom per gallon
6.4 PH and 370 PPM
Run off 6.1 PH and 110 PPM

Back