Photography tron's Vegetable Garden

Left some parsnips in the ground over winter….

0E264E79-BFC4-41A3-A418-19ECC81A823E.jpeg

Just a couple, eh? Late to this thread, nice read through. Your garden space is fantastic. Quite a haul for such a limited plot. Should be planting time here in the next week, almost did a few yesterday but it is a frost warning tonight. Hope it's done with being cold.

What are you going to run this year?

Just a couple, eh? Late to this thread, nice read through. Your garden space is fantastic. Quite a haul for such a limited plot. Should be planting time here in the next week, almost did a few yesterday but it is a frost warning tonight. Hope it's done with being cold.

What are you going to run this year?

We'll have frost around these parts until the first week of June, so it's a challenge lol!

I use a Garden Planning app to help me plot out and time my crops. This is what I have in mind this upcoming season:

1682365593022.png

The app also spits out times to sow indoors vs. outdoors, and when to harvest, all based on your hardiness zone / geographical location.

The full list of crops I have planned this year is as follows:
  • Tomatoes (5 varieties)
  • Peppers (6 varieties)
  • Carrots
  • Parsnips
  • Scallions
  • Leeks
  • Beets
  • Cucumbers
  • Zucchini
  • Strawberry
  • Peas
  • Beans
  • Lettuce
Great fun for sure!

tron

Late start to the season (frost warning last week), but things are finally happening.

1688596993810.png

1688597248414.png

Tomatoes and peppers in the front; peas, lettuce, scallions, beans, parsley and cilantro in the back. Marigolds in the corners.

1688597047505.png

Strawberries in containers and scallion/lettuce/spinach plugs to be succession transplanted soon.

1688597167113.png

Roots: carrots, parsnips, leeks, beets. Nasturtiums in the corners and calendulas under the domes.

1688597361975.png

More lettuce, scallions and radish. Calendula under the dome.

Not shown and to be transplanted shortly: cucumber, zucchini and watermelon.

tron

PS: the green netting is to keep my dog from eating the dang veggies! :wall:

Back