Vermiculture - Composting With Worms

Okay, bear with me here. I just smoked a bowl of the mi5xjem and it has me. Spelling and grammatical errors to ensue...

I don't generate enough kitchen scraps to do thermal composting, so my outside bins are set up for worms. I Have two big black bins next to each other, one accepting and one digesting. I have them set where they get sun in the winter and shade in the summer, worms like it when you accommodate them. Once they eat everything they can in one of the bins I put a few shovel fulls at a time on a 2x2' 1/4 inch metal mesh stapled to some 2x4s and shake until all the poop falls through and the worms and scraps stay on the screen. The trick to keeping the worm count down is I feed the other container for a few weeks and water just that one. Of course all the worms are going to go to that side once they eat all the scraps on the other.

Jesus, I just realized I'm a stoned worm herder.

Anyway, I live in the PNW and our mild and moist (go ahead, make the joke) environment makes this easy. I'm super interested in learning how to do this in mass production, I'm glad you put these links up!

Jesus, I just realized I'm a stoned worm herder.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There are many worse things to be in the world, Brother Pig.

Sweet links JM. :thumbs: I'll be starting up some worm bins as soon as the ground here thaws enough to dig up my starting crew. :worm::worm::worm:

are you sure you dont just want piggys worm? I hear they are curly... :crying:

Last edited:
are you sure you dont just want piggys worm? I hear they are curly... :crying:
Bears AND pigs :D

When I was young I went into a pet shop with my dad to look at some pot belly pigs. The female was in heat and partitioned away from the males, who were busy going insane and trying to screw each other. Turns out they have spiral/corkscrew pokers! It was just one of those moments where it was too late for dad to distract me so we stood there and cackled, much to the dismay of the lady behind the counter.

yes, they are strange....

so funny we are so hung up on our genitals isnt it? the rest of creation runs around "balls out" pardon the term.

:crying:

Back