Watering fabric pots?

Another option is not watering to run off while their small m8.. i water a set amount every 24/36 hours.. starting at 100ml and working up as they grow. Never seen the point in tipping 2.5L of water into a pot with a tiny seedling/baby plant in it. Entirely personal choice of course but thats how I roll. By the time my girls get to 14 days old they'll be getting around 500/750ml per day. By day 21 ill be watering the pot to max capacity every 24/48 hours. I very rarely water to run off. Having been growing for a few years I have an idea how much a particular size of pot will take before it starts running off. For example.. around 1.5/2L of water/feed will fill your 12L fabric pots to capacity id say. Something to think about :d5:
Sounds like a good way but the way I have always done it is water till 20% runoff with the pots off the tray,
Will this way still be ok to use,
but this time pre-spray the top layer first.?

Sounds like a good way but the way I have always done it is water till 20% runoff with the pots off the tray,
Will this way still be ok to use,
but this time pre-spray the top layer first.?

Absolutely m8. Stick to what u know.. if u find that your water isn't 'sinking' sgraight away at any stage then spraying the top layer will help with that.

A drop of cheap soap in your water will help reduce hydrophobic action....and watering/feeding would be easier to get figured out with a moisture meter. Ya gotta know what the root ball is needing....

After seeing the autopot fabric smart pot system, I just use 3 gallon fabric pots in dollar store dishpans and water from the bottom. I keep my TDS under 500 and pour off anything that isn't absorbed after 20 minutes. You get a feel for the weight of a fully saturated pot this way. If the RH in the tent is low and they're drinking fast, I just use plain Ph'd water every second time. This works great to keep the fungus gnats down as the surface media is always dry. May not be the best way to water but it's easy and has produced great results for me.

x2 water from top and bottom.. if the plant doesnt soak it all up in a few hours, you can raise it up with some sort of grate to help it dry out, but generally thats a non issue. A #7 fabric pot should be pretty heavy all the time if its a good organic mix, not so much if its a lighter mix... Only experience and knowing your gear will solve that riddle.
gl

@THE BEAR There is an art to watering.

Yeah, I'm at the point that I have been worried about what I think will make or break my potential yields.

I followed a guide I read for water only grow with Natures living soil.
The watering guide only covered the first 30 days,and served me well.
Ended on day 29 with water 2 liters every 3 days,and may need more water depending on plant.
But I didn't observe what my empty pot weighed without water
Been trying to understand it more this week between watering.
Noticed on day 31 it seemed a little light and added 500ml thinking it might struggle to make another day.

Have since increased it to water 2 liters,next day nothing,then 1 Liter next day and then 2 liters again.

Haven't seen any runnoff so I assume it is going ok.
Plant has looked healthy so far.
Though I do get concerned it never really shows praying leaves.
They don't droop, except when ast
sleep time.

Does my watering sound about right and should I expect to give more over the next few weeks of flower.

5 gal fab pots,but didn't put in enough soil and I'm guessing it is more like 4 gal

Yeah, I'm at the point that I have been worried about what I think will make or break my potential yields.

I followed a guide I read for water only grow with Natures living soil.
The watering guide only covered the first 30 days,and served me well.
Ended on day 29 with water 2 liters every 3 days,and may need more water depending on plant.
But I didn't observe what my empty pot weighed without water
Been trying to understand it more this week between watering.
Noticed on day 31 it seemed a little light and added 500ml thinking it might struggle to make another day.

Have since increased it to water 2 liters,next day nothing,then 1 Liter next day and then 2 liters again.

Haven't seen any runnoff so I assume it is going ok.
Plant has looked healthy so far.
Though I do get concerned it never really shows praying leaves.
They don't droop, except when ast
sleep time.

Does my watering sound about right and should I expect to give more over the next few weeks of flower.

5 gal fab pots,but didn't put in enough soil and I'm guessing it is more like 4 gal
Every pot of soil is going to retain water differently and every plant is going to respire differently based on the VPD. So :paleo:

This is where the art part comes in.

Back