Live Stoners Week 7 temp

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm just wondering what the best temp is for week 7 flower

Just now it's between 28/29c and then the 4hr lights are out it slowly drops to 21c then gradually back to where my heaters set

I can work on the ppfd with the app on my phone but what is the ideal temps for this time, its not something I've ever asked but thought I may as well as I could be doing something wrong, I was once told when I bought the light I wouldn't ever go wrong if my room temp is 25c but since then I've found out more about photosynthesis and how temps can slow things down if they're not right

Be good to see other views so if you could please share your temps for wk 7 and towards the end of grow thatll help me so much

Thanks

Hi all

I'm just wondering what the best temp is for week 7 flower

Just now it's between 28/29c and then the 4hr lights are out it slowly drops to 21c then gradually back to where my heaters set

I can work on the ppfd with the app on my phone but what is the ideal temps for this time, its not something I've ever asked but thought I may as well as I could be doing something wrong, I was once told when I bought the light I wouldn't ever go wrong if my room temp is 25c but since then I've found out more about photosynthesis and how temps can slow things down if they're not right

Be good to see other views so if you could please share your temps for wk 7 and towards the end of grow thatll help me so much

Thanks
Colder temps slow things down more than warmer, but that doesnt mean super hot wont cause issues either. If your plant dont show visual signs of heat stress I wouldnt worry, just keep your humidity in a complimentary range.

Heres a chart for reference
Screenshot_20231208_200751_Chrome.jpg

I know its small but you can zoom in on it.

Last edited:
I gave up on charts long ago lol

I just keep temps between
22°c - 25.5°c the whole grow
RH
Week 1-4 above 65%
Week 5-7 below 65%
Week 7-end below 50%

I used to run high temps and found anything above 25.5°c would cause problems with leaves and soil drying out in the fabric pots too fast.

High RH shouldnt cause problems if theirs good airflow, even in flower, & even in the 70 range

Thanks both.

Looking at the chart I'm in danger zone as I use the ac infinity app and the vpd is 1.64 for my temp/humidty but I am going to defoliate 4 plants today which should hopefully get my humidty to below the 50%

I experience those issues said about leaf and soil so I might actually drop my tube heater to 26c from 28.5c and see what difference it makes.

Thanks

Morning all from a wet rainy UK

Thanks for the advice and its reassuring knowing there's some who understand VPD because sure as hell I don't lol

So here we have a screen shot of the environment temps etc
Screenshot_20231210-094630_AC Infinity.jpg

I just think 58% humidty is high for day 47 flower

Here we have my Google search on VPD

Screenshot_20231210_094622.jpg

So ignoring my own concerns that 58% humidty is high I focus on the VPD.... im now think its grand and on par!

BUT

Here we now have a VPD chart
Screenshot_20231210_095636.jpg

The little black dot is where I am, so my question is....

Regardless of 58% humidty is all good because I'm at 1.3?

Thanks

Last edited:
So now I've increased temps, chucked another "fan" inside and raised the speed of exhaust (part of me thinks WTF am I doing)

You can now see the VPD is in the danger zone but humidity is coming down.

Screenshot_20231210_111039.jpg

Advice appreciated as I feel I'm fighting a losing battle.

You heard the saying all the gear and nae idea!! That's me

The little black dot is where I am, so my question is....

My question is: how are your plants doing?

charts are all great and whatnot, imho they are good basuc guides to be in or about the right range... They are not "absolutes" for all plants no matter what.

If your plants are healthy and looking chipper, its all good,

All charts "imho" are to give a range, an approximation of where might be best for your plants, in certain conditions, under certain lights etc,

So, If your plants are happy, but your lights, temps, ph, etc etc dont fit the chart, dont worry, happy plants, healthy plants dont give a damn about the charts.

Hi @Corum59 thanks for you good reply

I think they look grand and just took this video so you can see

Thats the thing when I see charts I get obsessed, VPD is also about leaf temps etc and I've no even got that laser temp device to check.

I've been growing a few years now and had humidty as high as 80% in flower and touch wood!!

Like you say its about how the plants look and they pray a majority of the time so I guess that's what I should focus on and not a chart full of numbers

Cannabis grows well in a temperature range of low 70's to low 80's, in ambient CO2. If you're using CO2, you might want to go to mid-80's if max yield is your goal. As you get into the 80's, there may be a drop in THC and terpenes. I've picked up some statements to that effect from a couple of Bugbee videos and from a paper that a post doc of his put together but I don't recall seeing any research that focuses on that.

VPD is a way of using one number to express different ranges of temp and RH. It's handy because, in the case of the AC Infinity controllers, you can user them to keep VPD in a range in which your grow will thrive. I've been using their Controller 69 with their humidifier for > a year and it's superb - the sensor reads every second and the C69 turns the humidifier on and off, as needed.

To date, the C69 has been perfect. Since my grow is in a garage in SoCal, the temps are very ild but the C69 keeps the VPD in range to 0.05 units and, therefore, keeps the temp + RH in the optimal range.

In flower, the optimal VPD is 1.2 or 1.3. Higher than that and your plants are going to be taking up a lot of water which means they'll be taking in more nutes, too. If you drop to 1.2 or 1.3, it's easier on the plant.

There's no need to use VPD to monitor/control your grow but, since VPD is just RH and temp rolled into one number, that means that you're also disregarding the temps and RH ranges where you grow grows best. That's the way things work outdoors - you're at the mercy of nature. Growing indoors allows the grower to change the growing environment with the goal of optimizing the grow.

This was my first stop on learning about VPD. I used their PulseGrow and Inkbirds and a reptile humidifier to keep VPD in range. It was a PITA but the results were good. When AC Infinity released their humidifier, I got that and their Controller 69. That was last April. I got rid of the "first generation" of equipment, installed the AC Infinity pieces, and have had perfect VPD ever since without doing anything.

That's the VPD trace for my current grow, 35 days old.
1702251741182.jpeg

Except you gotta fill the humidifier! :)

1702251756914.jpeg

Is it worth the "hassle"?

The C69 runs four devices and I'm using it for two fans, their humidifier, and a tent heater. I can control them from the app and, since it's WiFi, I can control them anywhere I can get on the Internet. The C69 has saved me hours of work optimizing my grow. I can't say how much better things are but I get at least a pound per grow out of my autos and they grow so well that I can only fit one plant in my 2' x 4' tent.

Hi @Corum59 thanks for you good reply

I think they look grand and just took this video so you can see

View attachment 1652282

Thats the thing when I see charts I get obsessed, VPD is also about leaf temps etc and I've no even got that laser temp device to check.

I've been growing a few years now and had humidty as high as 80% in flower and touch wood!!

Like you say its about how the plants look and they pray a majority of the time so I guess that's what I should focus on and not a chart full of numbers
They sure as hell look happy girls to me...seems like you have green thumbs with or without the charts. :baked:

Back