AutoPot - First Time Hydroponic Grow-Need Advice

Reaction score
Hello all Legends,

I need some advice from you guys for my setup. I am using house and gardens starter kit aqua flake. Grow medium 50% Perlite&vermiculite and 50% clay pebble.
MarsHydro TS1000 and 60X 60 x120 grow tent,
2 Genetics.

1. 710 Cheese. (big plant)
2. Purple diesel Daze Europa seeds (stubby)

I believe the Growth different is due to genetics as both were planted and same time.

I am seeing this leaves discoloration. don't know why.

This time the reservoir tank i made solution of 30 litres its now down to 15 lt and PH keeps rising to 7.1> everyday couple of time needs adjustment

I have airstone in reservoir tank and one each inside the pots at root level.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 710 genetics.jpg
    710 genetics.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20211022_191545.jpg
    20211022_191545.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20211022_191558.jpg
    20211022_191558.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • 20211022_191607.jpg
    20211022_191607.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hello all Legends,

I need some advice from you guys for my setup. I am using house and gardens starter kit aqua flake. Grow medium 50% Perlite&vermiculite and 50% clay pebble.
2 Genetics.

I believe the Growth different is due to genetics as both were planted and same time.

This time the reservoir tank i made solution of 30 litres its now down to 15 lt and PH keeps rising to 7.1> everyday couple of time needs adjustment

Cheers.
Pretty sure an airstone in the rez is gonna screw with your ph......no experience but plenty of posts I've read suggest that.

Pretty sure an airstone in the rez is gonna screw with your ph......no experience but plenty of posts I've read suggest that.
I know that many tell you that an airbubbler in the res will change the pH, but that's actually a good thing, providing the swing doesn't go beyond what is ok for that medium (ie, soil 6-7, coco 5.75 - 6.25 and so on). I truly believe that it's better to have good oxygenation in your reservoir. This will prevent a whole lot of other problems like bacteria (the bad ones) and the nutes falling out of suspension.

I know that many tell you that an airbubbler in the res will change the pH, but that's actually a good thing, providing the swing doesn't go beyond what is ok for that medium (ie, soil 6-7, coco 5.75 - 6.25 and so on). I truly believe that it's better to have good oxygenation in your reservoir. This will prevent a whole lot of other problems like bacteria (the bad ones) and the nutes falling out of suspension.
I agree because when i didn't hand bubbler inside, and i had to refill the solution. I saw additives build up on the tank wall. Not seeing that now.

On the other hand ph can get affected by air quality i think.

On the other hand ph can get affected by air quality i think.
The pH is influenced by the amount of CO2 in the solution. The more you bubble the more O2 and CO2 will be in the water (until there is no more space for those molecules)
I only readjust the pH when filling the tank and the next day. The day after the pH is stable...

Hello all Legends,

2 Genetics.

Cheers.

The plant in the next to last picture has some light and/or fertilizer burn.
It sounds like you might not be growing true hydroponics, which would include plant vessels containing mostly liquid.
In any case the plants will tell you what they need by how they change pH and ppm from day to day.
If plant vessel ppm rises from day to day, the plants need less food; if it falls, they need more food.

Air stones will lower pH slightly, but that's unavoidable and requires pH Up.
I don't use air stones in storage reservoirs, but that's due to laziness, and so far there seems to be no harm.

Following. This is an interesting setup. Don't think I've ever heard of vermiculite and pebbles in autopots. but looks like the vermiculite is getting gummy and clumping and I don't think I've ever seen black pebbles. I'm not good at this internet stuff and don't know how to tag people but man o green and pop22 are full of knowledge

Following. This is an interesting setup. Don't think I've ever heard of vermiculite and pebbles in autopots. but looks like the vermiculite is getting gummy and clumping and I don't think I've ever seen black pebbles. I'm not good at this internet stuff and don't know how to tag people but man o green and pop22 are full of knowledge
All you have to do is put an @ and then start typing their name :jointman:

Back