Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Day 8
Awesome work!
Whatever you're breeding for, the first criterion is vigor.
If they aren't strong and health, or have anything less than excellent vigor and health, out they go.
It's a numbers game, so the more you start the better the chance of finding that unicorn.
Best of luck!

By the way, didn't Mandalorian Genetics (now Gnome Genetics) have a "Bobby's Widow" Auto here a few years ago?
Thanks! I found it very hard to cull the ones I did. But sometimes we do have to be hard, no?
We'll should get @FullDuplex in this thread, but I just saw he's not visited since November '23. Maybe @Son of Hobbes can get in touch with him?

Just a tiny piece of advise/personal opinion. For most of it I completely agree with you and for example the A3 would be an exit for me too, but some of the other with slightly twisted leaves can still turn into beautiful ladies. It could also be an environmental twist, which goes away when the plant matures..

I had this with several times, and some of these ladies that you would feel like ditching in first instance really surprised me and the team in the end (even the ones with twisted leaves to the end).. we got some super potent and ultra good looking cup winning cuts from these plants.. I will share some more info of these with you later this year ;-)
I got the same experience @Bob's Auto's , sometimes the tiny little ones will be the best and developed like a normal plant. I would highly recommend to pollinate a tiny one with a normal one for testing and to study what the offspring can give.
You guys are absolutely right and I apologize for culling them. :bow:
But I do have limited space available and have to make hard choices. Like this one (F1)👇 It looks variegated
1710266866751 _small.jpg

Compare it with it's next door neighbor... (D1)
1710266866745 _small.jpg

The roots of F1 do look healthy though so I'm leaving it be for the moment. My new pots have arrived and when the new light I ordered arrives they will be transferred into the new pots back into the 'lying down' tent...Then I'll have to probably choose again.
1710266866761 _small.jpg

You can't see it very well but B2 is showing the same effect on some of the leaves. Don't worry, I won't kill anyone off today :toke:
1710266866738 _small.jpg

The last of the A group isn't looking that shaby either. It is in the corner of the tent, but still...
1710266866678 _small.jpg

That was all of the bad today. Now, let's focus on the good! This D group is looking very nice.
1710266866725 _small.jpg

With D1 as my favorite of this group.
1710266866720 _small.jpg

E2 is showing some pointy behavior :eyebrows: I find this an interesting feature. Don't know if it means anything, but we'll find out together :shrug::haha:
1710266866715 _small.jpg

This is the beauty of the tent and the furthest of all. Third node fully formed and ready to push out the fourth. :headbang:
1710266866700 _small.jpg

Closely followed by G1. Both the D and G group are doing A-ok 👌
1710266866693 _small.jpg

Another fine example :thumbsup:
1710266866684 _small.jpg

Sideboob shot. 🍈🍈
When I transplant these younglings into their final pot (3L - 19 cm Ø × 14,5 cm H) I will differ the planting depth so they all end up at the same height.
1710266866732 _small.jpg

And to end today's post a group shot from above...Overall I'm quite content with this selection. :coffee:
The two GHS' in the lower left corner are definitely showing their Indica side. Completely different from all the others. Is it because they are...Feminized? :fire:
1710266866756 _small.jpg

Anywho, I bid you farewell for today and I'll be back in a couple of days with another update ánd a new time lapse.

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Last edited:
Hey @Bob's Auto's
I know the problem with limited space. I was thinking about a alternative way to cloning every plant. I started to reveg the most interesting plants and only part pollinate them. This gives me the chance to smoke them safe the seeds and if they are the ones I looking for I got them back.
I talked to some other breeders with limited space and this is a good compromise.

Bobby's Widow
I didn't get anything from Bobby's widow that reminded me of white widow. It's more berry/chem-ish... Here's a Bobby's widow male I grew a couple months ago. There might be some reg seeds floating around somewhere. You can apparently catch @FullDuplex on Instagram more then around here these days
Screenshot_20240312-161620.png

Hey @Bob's Auto's
I know the problem with limited space. I was thinking about a alternative way to cloning every plant. I started to reveg the most interesting plants and only part pollinate them. This gives me the chance to smoke them safe the seeds and if they are the ones I looking for I got them back.
I talked to some other breeders with limited space and this is a good compromise.
I'm currently watching these YouTube clips --> LINK
They are about tissue culture. Since I used to grow my own mushrooms, no not that kind. I have all the equipment for a sterile environment. Even built myself a glovebox. Looks like this one, but I used my 3D printer to make the attachments for the gloves to the box.

I didn't get anything from Bobby's widow that reminded me of white widow. It's more berry/chem-ish... Here's a Bobby's widow male I grew a couple months ago. There might be some reg seeds floating around somewhere. You can apparently catch @FullDuplex on Instagram more then around here these days
View attachment 1671141
That's a fine gent you had there. Hope you kept some of that pollen :cheers:

They are about tissue culture. Since I used to grow my own mushrooms, no not that kind. I have all the equipment for a sterile environment. Even built myself a glovebox. Looks like this one, but I used my 3D printer to make the attachments for the gloves to the box.

Ohh that's really interesting I have seen others doing that stuff, the glove box is a good thing for my shrooms lol . I will definitely watch a few videos if I find the time.

@Shiva's Mistress, thanks for the love bombs :cheers:

Ohh that's really interesting I have seen others doing that stuff, the glove box is a good thing for my shrooms lol . I will definitely watch a few videos if I find the time.
And it's easy to make. I used a 55 or 65L Samla box. Cheap and easy to cut a hole in it.

Tissue culture is fascinating for keeping "mothers" for autos. Had no idea it could be done at home :pass: My wife is a houseplant collector so I might be able to try this inside the house :eyebrows: I also have a lot of the stuff around the house for mushrooms :crying:

Back