Reaction score
Hello, me and a mate is planning our first outdoor grow this summer and need some advice. We have several succesful indoor grows with both coco, soil and hydro.

We have bought 60 15L fabric smart pots, and are growing at latitude 59N.

We want to use a medium mix consisting 70% soil and 30% coco, maybe add a little perlite as well. Want to do this because of the pros to using coco.

Because of the short summer and long days with lots of sun and short nights we figured we should go for autoflowering plants.

These plants in particullar:
25 Dinafem’s WW XXL auto
25 Dinafem’s Amnesia XXL auto
10 real gorilla seeds auto GCS

Open for suggestions on the strains. We live south in norway and normal temps in june/july during the day is 20-26 degrees celcius.

We are going to grow them 4 weeks indoors under a couple of led’s and will take them outside mid or late May in 2 seperate locations.

What type of nutes should we use if we use a mix of soil and coco? We just want a basic a+b, nothing too expensive.

And is canna terra professional and canna coco professional a good mix? Any advice would be nice!

Our goal is to get 30-40gs per plant.

Hello, me and a mate is planning our first outdoor grow this summer and need some advice. We have several succesful indoor grows with both coco, soil and hydro.

We have bought 60 15L fabric smart pots, and are growing at latitude 59N.

We want to use a medium mix consisting 70% soil and 30% coco, maybe add a little perlite as well. Want to do this because of the pros to using coco.

Because of the short summer and long days with lots of sun and short nights we figured we should go for autoflowering plants.

These plants in particullar:
25 Dinafem’s WW XXL auto
25 Dinafem’s Amnesia XXL auto
10 real gorilla seeds auto GCS

Open for suggestions on the strains. We live south in norway and normal temps in june/july during the day is 20-26 degrees celcius.

We are going to grow them 4 weeks indoors under a couple of led’s and will take them outside mid or late May in 2 seperate locations.

What type of nutes should we use if we use a mix of soil and coco? We just want a basic a+b, nothing too expensive.

And is canna terra professional and canna coco professional a good mix? Any advice would be nice!

Our goal is to get 30-40gs per plant.
Well you are up North Peace aren't you?.
Well I can't really help you on liquid plant feed.. I'm an organic grower. But I can tell you one thing about them small pots you're going to use outside you will be sad about that 15 L pots is way too small for outside. Go big or go home is the old saying. But when you're growing cannabis outside growing big means you want a big root Zone. Unless you plan on hydro feeding constantly you will have a problem with small pots. Small pots will dry out quickly and constantly all the time. I tried running 15 gallon pots here in mid-Michigan I had a really hard time with those I went to 25 gallon pots the next year and still had a problem with them drying out. So went to a 65 gallon pot and that works pretty well. I used a lot of vermiculite for water and nutrient retention and some coco n perlite..

Good luck friend :thumbsup: :cheers: :pass:

Thank you for your advice. If i were to drop the pots and dig holes in the ground, how many litres of soilmix per plant? If this is any better than small 15L?

Hi there

This is just my experience growing a larger number of autos outdoors up north.

Me and a buddy germinated 100 autos/23 varieties last year in a window sill and they were planted outdoors at 56N three weeks later.
Most ended up in dug holes with local soil blended with 10L of cheap pre fertilized growbag peat moss mix + a cup of bone meal and composted chicken poop pellets for each plant. About 25 went into 20L mason buckets filled with the same cheap pre fertilized peat moss mix & chicken pellets. Plants in buckets finished a bit earlier than those in the ground.
We too had problems with the 20L buckets drying out. With 15L pots you'll need to be able to visit your spot at least once a week to water during the warmest part of summer. With smart pots maybe two-three times a week?
We checked our spot around every two weeks but some times there was three weeks in between.
We lost maybe 30% to grey mold and some to animals and the average yield was around to 15-25g/plant. Seeds were from DP, LBH, Seedsman, Thy seeds, Flash and RQS.
If we've had the chance to tend our garden several times a week or maybe daily I'm sure we could've upped the yield quite a bit and reduced mold. I've had great results on a balcony yielding up to 70g's/plant with autos before. And that was in 11L pots.
Small slimy baby snails crawling inside the buds was a major mold trigger, so watch out for those. We also had problems with ants eating/building/disturbing the roots in some of the buckets.
Fluffy sativa leaning hybrids do well in our climate. Rock hard indica leaning ones not so much. In this case the exception was kush #1 from LBH and seedsmans NL did ok too.
Also worth mentioning is that july was very rainy here last year, so the standart autos were a lot more exposed to rain during maturation than the super autos that were harvested in early september. So if possible you could germinate your seeds in two batches 3-4 weeks apart to get better odds.
If you can't tend your garden daily I'll recommend that if you see any amount of mold at all on any plant in whatever stage of maturation then cut the whole plant and save what you can or just throw the whole thing out. Do not hesitate even if it's the best looking plant of them all.
And clean tools in alcohol between working with each plant.

Good luck!

How often can you water? Planting in the ground will help of you can't get there often enough to keep the pots from drying out. Id also find some organic insect spray, slug killer, etc. to treat them if that's an issue there. Here it is.

I like this thread! I grow in Scandinavia. 58N.
I start my seeds about a week before plant out. I use a grow light and start the seeds in plastic drinking cups. This year I'm doing a raised bed of 2400 liters of potting soil for 20 plants. Using Algomin for fertilizer. Shouldn't have to worry about watering so much. Going to be a good year.

Back