Reaction score
so im trying to stabilize the auto flower gene in Sensi seeds ruderalis indica so that I can use it in future breeding projects. Sensi estimates only 50% of the seedlings to show the auto gene dominantly, but all seedlings should be carriers. The seeds are not feminized so there is a chance of genetic males. Out of 5 seedlings I hope to get at least one female and one male that exhibit the auto gene. I may have to induce a hermaphrodite, but wont induce any photoperiod changes in an effort to force the auto gene to show. Hopefully the resulting seeds show a more stable genetic, with less drastically varied phenotypes and I higher percentage of autoflowering offspring. I'd be glad to discuss any detail, and to gather input from other breeders, especially those with ruderalis experience.

20170810_234348.jpg

I'll be transferring the strongest 2 out of the 5 seedlings to 3 gallon cloth pots late tonight. Theyre each about 2x bigger and stronger than the other 3, which seem to be content with only 1 gallon regular square pots. Its just a breeding run, otherwise I would transfer pots as few times as possible with autos to avoid shock.

p.s. square pots rant. you can't unlearn the fact that they give you more efficient use of grow room space, and more root space than circular pots can give you with the same footprint in the growroom. I even make my cloth pots square instead of round, because more roots means more nutes :p

This sounds awesome. The Ruderalis indica inspired me to do my own project trying to recreate that type of autoflowering. It's coming along pretty well.
Right now, my plants are passing the 3-3,5 month growth period mark, meaning that they behave roughly the same as the ruderalis indica. I got lucky one time striking gold with a curious late flowering AF. I don't think that would ever happen to me again, nor do I think I could recreate the situation. If I ever have to redo this, I'd go with the Ruderalis indica as base material. Maybe I'll mix it in later. That Ruderalis Indica strain was the first real cannabis plant I ever owned. It has a certain sentimental value ;-)

Be prepared to find a few true-autoflowers down the line; they will not get bigger than usual. Just keep breeding with the late-flowering types. I've noticed that the early-flowering type seems dominant over the late-flowering type, so that's something to keep in mind.

Europeans are going to want those genetics, since our summers are getting shittier every year.

I have been working on breeding with the Ruderalis Indica also. I have one @ 18 days which is showing balls it seems. If it is indeed an auto male I'll seclude him and harvest some pollen. I have two Nirvana Short Rider girls @ 14 days and the best gal will get a branch or two of pollen. I have never bred before or even grew autos till now so we will see how it turns out!

Ruderalis Indica (Beastly Growth)
IMG_20170822_193902.jpg

Short Rider 1

IMG_20170822_193910.jpg

Short Rider 2

IMG_20170822_193922.jpg

20170825_224448.jpg
20170825_224522.jpg
20170825_224510.jpg
nice! I had 1 dutch passion "the ultimate" seedling that I decided to let get mixed in. I'm not noticing any real sign of flower in the ruderalis indica yet, and im somwhere around the 3 month mark on those. I might induce photoperiod flowering soon, to get the ultimate to flower alongside them. this will only be the 2nd time ive made seeds on purpose, but probably not the last. I intend to start mixing other auto strains if I can learn to hermie feminized seeds.

Last edited:
Nearly all the plants revealed sex under 18/6 light cycles, one of them being a genetic male. my 2 larger phenotypes both turned out female, along with 1 of the little plants. only 1 of the ruderalis indica plants actually did not exhibit autoflowering, but should start to flower now that im inducing a photoperiod. already excited for the seeds to come, and I might even have some decent smoke.

I forgot about this thread for a while, but ive began harvesting these beautiful ladies and their smoke isnt bad, and the last of them should be down this week. im setting up a grow at my new house soon, and will be working on gen 2. Pictures to come soon.

Back