Seedlings have a droop

Reaction score
Hey all thanks for the help in advance. My auto purple haze seedling has bit of a droop to it. I grew one last year same strain and seed company and don’t remember the leaves drooping at all. I have the spider farmer sf2000 at 60% intensity about 3 ft above 24hrs so far. Using cloth pots. Using fox farm ocean forest soil, with Gaia green food and worm castings (followed Mr Canucks method on YouTube). Using natural spring water (deer park gallons which read about 6.8ph) for watering and for humidifier which keeps it around 70rh. Thought I wasn’t over-watering but it’s possible I guess. Using the inch down being dry method. Temp stays around 74-76F. Have four fans in the tent and a sf exhaust and carbon filter.

Attachments

• 8893E708-CF8A-4E2D-A5E7-AE1D88E2A01C.jpeg
    8893E708-CF8A-4E2D-A5E7-AE1D88E2A01C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • 8B6510C7-7CD7-437D-A914-9AA4CB27C137.jpeg
    8B6510C7-7CD7-437D-A914-9AA4CB27C137.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
Also wanted to add that I have a blueberry photoperiod seedling in there, and it looks phenomenal at the same stage in lifetime

I'm a hydro grower, but when my plants droop, it's usually because of too much light.
I recently had this problem after turning the light up too fast, and raising the light fixed it.
24/7 lighting puts a lot of stress on autos, and mine being grown under 18/6 lights prefer less light than is commonly recommended.
Even different plants of the same strain can be affected differently by too much food and/or light.

I use one of these, and now pretty much know what lux readings my plants like at different growth stages.
Amazon product

I call this “puppy dog ears” lol - the plant just needs to ‘grow into itself’. A lot of my plants have had wonky- looking single-bladed leaves when they were young pups, but they usually outgrew them.

It’s green and it’s upright, that’s the main thing. It could just be a consequence of small seedlings in big pots, but once it grows a heftier root system the droopiness may subside.

Having said that, how often are you watering? Any run off? And are you watering the full pot/just a circle/etc. A better understanding of your watering habits will inform us into whether or not you should tweak anything.

I call this “puppy dog ears” lol - the plant just needs to ‘grow into itself’. A lot of my plants have had wonky- looking single-bladed leaves when they were young pups, but they usually outgrew them.

It’s green and it’s upright, that’s the main thing. It could just be a consequence of small seedlings in big pots, but once it grows a heftier root system the droopiness may subside.

Having said that, how often are you watering? Any run off? And are you watering the full pot/just a circle/etc. A better understanding of your watering habits will inform us into whether or not you should tweak anything.

i was doing small circles around the seedling to begin but now that you mention it, I watered the whole thing this past time when it began drooping. I turned down the light slightly and stopped watering and it’s already looking better. Thank a lot!

Hey all thanks for the help in advance. My auto purple haze seedling has bit of a droop to it. I grew one last year same strain and seed company and don’t remember the leaves drooping at all. I have the spider farmer sf2000 at 60% intensity about 3 ft above 24hrs so far. Using cloth pots. Using fox farm ocean forest soil, with Gaia green food and worm castings (followed Mr Canucks method on YouTube). Using natural spring water (deer park gallons which read about 6.8ph) for watering and for humidifier which keeps it around 70rh. Thought I wasn’t over-watering but it’s possible I guess. Using the inch down being dry method. Temp stays around 74-76F. Have four fans in the tent and a sf exhaust and carbon filter.

update: things are looking a lot better :)
F820C3AA-E1BB-449E-84A3-1BBFEFE5C344.jpeg52F09E40-EA3E-4381-8FDD-6CB28CF8DC72.jpeg
F820C3AA-E1BB-449E-84A3-1BBFEFE5C344.jpeg
52F09E40-EA3E-4381-8FDD-6CB28CF8DC72.jpeg

I'm a hydro grower, but when my plants droop, it's usually because of too much light.
I recently had this problem after turning the light up too fast, and raising the light fixed it.
24/7 lighting puts a lot of stress on autos, and mine being grown under 18/6 lights prefer less light than is commonly recommended.
Even different plants of the same strain can be affected differently by too much food and/or light.

I use one of these, and now pretty much know what lux readings my plants like at different growth stages.
Amazon product

Would you happen to have the numbers for each light intensity at each stage roughly? So how much light (using this meter) should I let them have at seedling, how much during veg, how much during flower? Thanks in advance :) I’m going to grab one of these

Back